Platinum Grey Products?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Hi all,

Very interesting reading through this.....

I'm gonna buy some products so I can make my car very shiny and protected.

Can anyone recommend any products for the following applications:-

Clay
Polish
Seal
Wax

I've got a Autoglym package in my boot (came with the car) - not looked inside but I guess its the package that comes with the Autoglym care package.

I don't have a polish machine, its all gonna be done by hand. Anyone recommend owt?

Ta,
T4i :)

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Hope this helps........

Clay- Meguiars Clay Kit is a good start & price.

Polish- VAG Paint is super hard, by hand its not going to be easy, but try Carlack or Dodo Lime Prime . By machine Menzerna is the way forward.

Seal- Jetseal109 from Chemical Guys or Carlack do agood sealant kit

Wax - Wow, what a choice, my current fav is Victoria Concours wax, but I have used Dodo Purple on an anthracite Golf to great effect, see below [B)]

2.0GTI.jpg

2.0GTI9.jpg

All available from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Ok thanks...

Is there much difference between the standard Meguiars clay kit and the smooth clay kit? Apart from price?

Is it the polish that gives the paint a mirror effect?

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
Ok thanks...

Is there much difference between the standard Meguiars clay kit and the smooth clay kit? Apart from price?

Is it the polish that gives the paint a mirror effect?

Smooth kit gets you 2 clays bars, a microfibre cloth & a megs polish sample bottle plus the quick detailer, so its worth the extra over the standard kit, which gets you just 1 bar & the quick detailer.

Like any good finish, its all in the prep, a clayed/polished & then waxed car will shine & have much more depth than a car thats just been waxed.

HTH :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
the autoglym back hasnt really got that much in .its got a polish,screenwash,dash spray,cloths, etc

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
On my old Plat Grey Leon, I used Swissvax Paint Rubber (Clay) then Jeffs Acrylic Trigger topped off with Zymol Destiny.

Roughly around every 3-4 months I used to use the Megs #83 & #80 Combo applied by PC.

1-vi.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.