Platinum LCR, 19" Porsche rims & flip plate *UPDATED PICS PG17*

• Thread starter Deleted member 12147
  • Start date

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Good to this is alive and still as mint as usual! One of the good ones of the forum this.

Deleted member 12147

Thanks, tbh this is the best car I've ever had it's had it's bad points along the way which were all repaired, but I can't see me ever getting rid of it now.

Deleted member 12147

Looks great mate,I think the wheels really suit it.

Thanks, a few months back I was considering going for a change in wheels but I remembered how long i'd been searching for a set of these and how rare they have become, I couldn't bring myself to let go of them. Saying that i still have the original wheels which I can't bring myself to sell, i'm hoarding alloys lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Thanks, i'm not brilliant at taking pics and the camera ain't the best DLSR. It's a Canon EOS 1100d.

They look good, all in focus and the exposure is good on them too, if you want to make them look better try and get a copy of lightroom and have a play with them ;)

Deleted member 12147

Cheers will look into that when I get chance. I work in a school which has just become an academy that are now offering photography courses for students, I'll have to tag along with the kids and pickup some tips.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thanks, I think (looks wise) it's done, there isn't anything else I can think of that i'd like to do to it. A definite future mod though is an LSD, oh and re-tint the windows.

I think it looks perfect how it is now mate. It's sleek, simple and yet subtle. I wouldn't add anything to it as it may ruin it for me.

LSD is an unbelievable bit of kit. Plant your car in first gear hard the day before you get it fitted and then again with the diff installed. The difference in launch is awesome. Not cheap, but they should have come with them from factory. :)

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Thanks, I think (looks wise) it's done, there isn't anything else I can think of that i'd like to do to it. A definite future mod though is an LSD, oh and re-tint the windows.

Lovely looking car! The diff is an excellent bit of kit well worth fitting.

Deleted member 12147

I think it looks perfect how it is now mate. It's sleek, simple and yet subtle. I wouldn't add anything to it as it may ruin it for me.

LSD is an unbelievable bit of kit. Plant your car in first gear hard the day before you get it fitted and then again with the diff installed. The difference in launch is awesome. Not cheap, but they should have come with them from factory. :)

Lovely looking car! The diff is an excellent bit of kit well worth fitting.

In your opinions which LSD is best? And what other parts would I need besides the LSD itself?

Deleted member 12147

Are these plain chrome alloys or shadow chrome?

They are classed as black chrome but you can specify how dark or chromey you want them. They do change in different light conditions, in some of the pics they look full on chrome and in others they look darker.

I got them done at the link below, i've seen a few black chrome/shadow chrome paint jobs and these guys are the best imo. Others i've seen you can actually tell the black coating has been sprayed over the top of the chrome. Alot of the golf guys use aerocoat for their anniversary wheels as they do one of the best matches to the original polished finish.

http://www.aerocoat.net/Reviewws.htm

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
In your opinions which LSD is best? And what other parts would I need besides the LSD itself?

I can't vouch for any other brands but I have the Wavetrac. I don't think you'll go wrong with a Quaife also though.

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vw/acatalog/Wavetrac_Differentials.html

You'll need the diff itself and the ARP bolt kit. Then labour costs.. Helps if you know someone as I did when I got mine all fitted.

If you aren't going to keep the car for a while yet then maybe it's not right spending this amount of money on it, but if it's going to stay around for a good while it's worth it IMO. Every time I go for a blast I'm happy I did it!

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've got the Quaife and can't fault it. From what I've heard they're much of a muchness. TSR in the sponsors section had a GB going you should try them for a price.

Deleted member 12147

I can't vouch for any other brands but I have the Wavetrac. I don't think you'll go wrong with a Quaife also though.

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/vw/acatalog/Wavetrac_Differentials.html

You'll need the diff itself and the ARP bolt kit. Then labour costs.. Helps if you know someone as I did when I got mine all fitted.

If you aren't going to keep the car for a while yet then maybe it's not right spending this amount of money on it, but if it's going to stay around for a good while it's worth it IMO. Every time I go for a blast I'm happy I did it!

Thanks for the link I think i might go for the Wavetrac from all the positives i've read. I'll be keeping this car till the wheels fall off lol.

I've got the Quaife and can't fault it. From what I've heard they're much of a muchness. TSR in the sponsors section had a GB going you should try them for a price.

Although I've just said I may go for the Wavetrac this GB is tempting shame i'm not in the market atm

Probably worth chucking a clutch in it as the box is out

I thought this but I haven't long had a new one fitted (10months) I currently have a standard clutch fitted is it recommended to upgrade your clutch when you fit a diff? BTW I got a copy of Lightroom it's pretty good some of the things you can do/achieve. I don't know how to use it properly yet, just having a play atm.

Still looks clean as ever mate. Glad your not going to sell up like everyone else seems to be doing :confused:

I don't think I could bring myself to sell it now, I've put a lot of time and money into it, I love the car to bits. I used to have a mk1 punto gt turbo, it was a rapid little motor with go kart handling, I sold it because it needed a bit of work doing to it but I've regretted it ever since, now they are like finding rocking horse manure and i'd love another one. IMO with the amount of people selling up or breaking LCR's will go the same route in the years to come. I'm not gonna make the same mistake again.

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
I don't think I could bring myself to sell it now, I've put a lot of time and money into it, I love the car to bits. I used to have a mk1 punto gt turbo, it was a rapid little motor with go kart handling, I sold it because it needed a bit of work doing to it but I've regretted it ever since, now they are like finding rocking horse manure and i'd love another one. IMO with the amount of people selling up or breaking LCR's will go the same route in the years to come. I'm not gonna make the same mistake again.

Really don't blame you mate, our cars are way to much fun to get rid of and I do believe these will get more rare over time. My mate really wants a punto GT but as you said you never see them anymore, have to admit I do have a soft spot for the Uno Turbo but again hard to find??

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
BTW I got a copy of Lightroom it's pretty good some of the things you can do/achieve. I don't know how to use it properly yet, just having a play atm.

I cant tell you the exact setting to change cos my laptops in for repair at the moment but the best ones are clarity and luminance, Luminance will reduce the "noise" or graining in the photo if it's taken in low light or with the wrong ISO setting.
Another thing that will help is setting the camera to RAW format rather than Jpeg