Platinum LCR, 19" Porsche rims & flip plate *UPDATED PICS PG17*

• Thread starter Deleted member 12147
  • Start date

Deleted member 12147

Cheers, just need to figure out a good way of securing the liquid gauge in.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
I would look at a way of 'packing' it.

Maybe a foam holder that sits inside if that makes sense... It works in my head.

Great job mate

Deleted member 12147

Hmmm good idea, I could whip something up out of the modelling foam. The 2 options I was thinking of were use a hot glue gun as suggested on the race diagnostics website or using these super strong foam pads I have, used for sticking on number plates, but I'm unsure how long this would last.

Deleted member 12147

Finally! all finished and installed.

a41a24c5.jpg

807e7cad.jpg

Deleted member 12147

I used Halfrauds filler primer and Plastikote Super Matt from B&Q.

Deleted member 12147

:) Thanks, next project is gonna be either recoating the rear brake calipers or a custom made 3" tip. I already have the aluminium welding equipment just gotta buy the other bits.

filbro

Jun 23, 2008
Derbyshire
That is the best liquid gaugae install i have ever seen! Seriously you should e-mail the place that makes them with a pic of yours. :)

Deleted member 12147

Well the initial plan was to form about 4 of these and offer them to people on here with liquid gauges, but my plan went tits up when the foam got stuck in the very first one I did. BUT watch this space i may try and knock something up this weekend if I get time.

Was thinking of different locations for gauges also, maybe on the dash where the windscreen vent is, there is space for a 3 gauge pod there, or maybe 2 gauges either side of the speedo like this:

abdc0f83.jpg

But for now let's see how I get on with a second column pod.

Deleted member 12147

I haven't posted on this thread for awhile so here's a little update on my motor. First off the wheels are off the car ATM because the lacquer started to peel so I got in contact with the company that powder coated them and they are redoing all 4 wheels free of charge, so rolling on the standard wheels. I'm glad I hung onto them at one point I was thinking of selling them but it's been handy having a spare set. Anyway just picked this up from a friend of mine for a good price, it's brand new never been fitted so I had to snatch his hand off.

e1681780.jpg

Will hopefully be fitting it tomorrow so should see what all the hype is about with these 3" TIPS.

Next on the mod list is to replace the turbo as 2 of the blades have seen better days. Also want to get rid of this Milltek exhaust of mine I want something with more sound.

Deleted member 12147

Old vs new, anyone need a forge tip? It wasn't too bad to fit took me about an hour. The trick is to get the alloy adapter on then loosely fit everything together so you can tweek as needed before tightening everything up. Gonna take it out for a quick spin now. ;)

04dc3309.jpg

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Good going mate, nice sizable difference between the two isn't it. Glad I changed mine, makes a difference when all mapped in properly :)

Feb 20, 2010
ipswich
I found it made so much difference once I'd fitted the badger 5 tip
I put my old one on eBay and it sold with in a matter of minutes

Deleted member 12147

After fitting the 3" TIP the car feels alot more responsive, it definately pulls stronger and seems to hold boost better. BUT my turbo is on it's way out so I didn't bother comparing the before and after BHP on my liquid gauge.

Anyway just come back off my hols, before I went I took my wheels off the car and sent them back to the company that coated them to be redone due to lacquer peel.

So here's some fresh picks of them.

c0f3bda2.jpg

4b2ab43b.jpg

They're abit lighter and more chromey than last time and really pop more in the sun.

On the list to do tomorrow IF the weathers ok is to fit these:

b00b5937.jpg

Supersport Poly top mounts. They are alot shallower than standard top mounts and claim to lower the car between -10mm to -20mm. Reason for fitting is i'm on the last threads on the front coilovers and want it to sit slightly lower I think it needs it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members