Platinum LCR - Project 'OEM +' Thread - Castle Combe Action Day Pics added

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
I picked up my 54 plate LCR with 40,000 miles on the clock back in August last year. I had, had more than enough with my old Polo GTi with the gearbox going whist looking at new cars. Since then its had 2 more re-builds from the new owners...Great looking cars, crap gearboxes tho.

DSC00461.jpg

The polo was just lowered 35mm. Prior to this I had a Ford Fiesta Zetec-s, what was a ace little car...But since going over to vag, I've turned into a car snob. Ha

So i got the gearbox fixed and traded it in for this after looking at acouple other LCR.

000_0021.jpg
(Not linked)

000_0019.jpg
(Not linked)

000_0022.jpg
(Not linked)

000_0023.jpg
(Not linked)

So far I have had the car through a full Seat service and mot. As far as modifications the car has the rear fabia wiper, Honda CTR aerial, and Golf Mk 4 areo wipers.

And then did something very stupid, like reversing into a pillar (first crash tho, not that that justifies doing it!) and did the following damage.

IMG_0044.jpg

After getting acouple of quotes for new bumpers and getting it fixed, i decided to get it fixed. The car is going in on the 27th of this month. So as its in I'm also getting the rest of the body work tidied up. There is a couple of stone chips and slight scuff on the front bumper that i'm getting done too. Got quoted £175 for the rear bumper (Re-moulding, smoothing, stripping and re-primering and spraying the whole bumper then £75 for all the other bits)

This was the car at the bumper repair garage...I think they've purposely got an steep entrance, to get more work!

IMG_0042.jpg

Anyways the plans for the future are...

- Refurb Wheels in either anthracite (megane 225 wheel colour) or bight silver
- Refurb Brembros
- Black wing mirror covers
- Get and tint headlight protectors
- Pressed plates
- Forge 007 DV
- Drilled airbox + green cotton filter
- Then on to coilovers, spacers
- Remap
...although this list could go on for a while, I'll stop before it gets silly.

Would love some split rims or split rim style wheels as I love the euro look (subcriber to PVW you see!), but struggling to justify spending the G's for some BBS's or Keskin's (but if your going to do it, it may as well do it properly!)

Anyways, I'll post some pics up of the re-pair job on the back bumper...

Any comments or thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Last edited:

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Yeah i do like them, they look good...I want something different, but would prefer keeping it OEM+ looking for when/if i come to sell it...so may keep the wheels standard colour and go for another set. Then can always sell them on once i have put the OEM ones back on...But saying that...choices choices eh!? ha, Got to sort this bumper out first!

Are they painted or powered coated?

Cheers

CupraR_Lad

Jul 9, 2007
Herefordshire
Love the car mate! same colour as mine! my wheel's seem quite a dark Silver,when I met Ronin225 he seem's to think there darker!
You can just see my wheel in the sig....

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Cheers mate, I've got some plans up my sleeve for the car...Yeah i know what you mean mate...I'm thinking of even getting them sprayed the same colour as the car now, or a shade darker...but got to fork out for this repair job first tho, hopefully get my black mirror covers on after the weekend tho, see what they look like!

CupraR_Lad

Jul 9, 2007
Herefordshire
Cheers mate, I've got some plans up my sleeve for the car...Yeah i know what you mean mate...I'm thinking of even getting them sprayed the same colour as the car now, or a shade darker...but got to fork out for this repair job first tho, hopefully get my black mirror covers on after the weekend tho, see what they look like!

Yeah it appear's my wheel's are the same colour as my car! Humm :confused:
Shame about the bumper! black mirror covers eh! Sound's good! make sure you post some pic's!

What made you go for black covers?

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
Well just somethings different, some of the new leons dont have colour coded ones...still keeping the original ones so i can swop them back over if i dont like it. Just part of the OEM+ look i want to go for and make them look less obvious

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Nice car mate. I expect I'll see you at a meet sometime. You have the same plans as I do...going for OEM+ look, nothing overkill!

stucupra r

Apr 24, 2007
doncaster
Yeah i do like them, they look good...I want something different, but would prefer keeping it OEM+ looking for when/if i come to sell it...so may keep the wheels standard colour and go for another set. Then can always sell them on once i have put the OEM ones back on...But saying that...choices choices eh!? ha, Got to sort this bumper out first!

Are they painted or powered coated?

Cheers

they are powder coated.
DSC00080.jpg

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah it appear's my wheel's are the same colour as my car! Humm :confused:
Shame about the bumper! black mirror covers eh! Sound's good! make sure you post some pic's!

What made you go for black covers?

my wheels are the same colour as the my car too? the spare isn't though :confused:

nice car btw :) love that platinum colour ;)

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
very nice looking LCR fella. I'm thinking of getting a LCR in platinum or Red in about 6 or 7 months time.

You said you looked at a few LCR's before you bought this one, what made you choose the platinum grey colour? did you just wanted to go for the rarer colour or what was it that made you attract to this one more?..

Thanks

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Got the bumper done yet?
I have the same damage but was told it wasn't fixable
could you give me more details of the fix please
cheers

James_LCR

Aug 1, 2008
Dorset
very nice looking LCR fella. I'm thinking of getting a LCR in platinum or Red in about 6 or 7 months time.

You said you looked at a few LCR's before you bought this one, what made you choose the platinum grey colour? did you just wanted to go for the rarer colour or what was it that made you attract to this one more?..

Thanks

Well i knew that i didnt really want red, as i've had two red cars previously and they fade and an effort to keep clean, and i didnt really want a yellow one as there none for fading...But apart from that i was too picky...This was a good deal as it was one of the colours i wanted, one lady owner, full seat service history, just under 40,000 miles, good condition and they gave me a good price trade in too. Platinum grey is a good colour, it still looks clean when it dirty! ha

Got the bumper done yet?
I have the same damage but was told it wasn't fixable
could you give me more details of the fix please
cheers

Well the car is going in on tuesday (27th jan). The guy is stripping the bumper, heating it to re-shape it, filering it if required (hopefully not!) sanding down, then re-primer, spray and lacquer. Hopefully it should turn out ok...For £175. So cheaper than a new rear bumper! I'll stick some pics up when its done mate...if i',m not too embarrassed! ha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise