Plato to race new Leon for SEAT in the 2006

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
btcc2006_header.jpg

Hot off the press!

Jason Plato will spearhead SEAT Sport UK’s assault on the 2006 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship when he races the all-new Leon in the UK for the first time.

Read the full Press Release here

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
All I can say is 'YES' :D

I can't wait to see the Leon WTCC Spec running.

And now we can spend 2 months speculating who the other driver is (SD - do you have my CV? ;))

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
m0rk said:
And now we can spend 2 months speculating who the other driver is (SD - do you have my CV? ;))
They said they want someone experienced who can win races, not eat their way through them. ;)

Good news though. :clap:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Its fantastic news, and were very glad SEAT are again going to compete in the BTCC during 2006, with recent announcements at Vauxhall, and its signing of Fabrizio Giovanardi and Tom Chilton to spearhead their 2006 campaign, it should make the manufacturers championship a closely fought battle.

The new Leon is already a proven winner in Europe, and on the UK circuits should work very well, and be a match for the Astra Sporthatch. Its going to be a superb season, and as always we hopefully should be right at the centre of the action, cheering on the team. :)

ITV and the BTCC have also extended their TV deal into 2006, meaning the races will be again given primetime coverage.

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
good news!

Seat need someone good to challenge VX next year (that is one hell of a scary driver line up IMO) I think Colin Turkington or Shaun Watson-Smith would be the best boys for the job :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not really been that impressed with Turk last season, didn't seem to gel in VXR as well as he did with WSR the year before with Reidy.

SWS in with a chance.

In my own opinion i'd like to see Pickford back with Plato, they had a bad year last year, not helped by the weight equalisation issues, which hadicapped them most of the year, and the last quarter of the season, James really pulled the stops out, and was unlucky not to take the win at Brands Hatch.

But i can see, someone with more experience, and possibly touring car race winning experience at that, getting the drive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members