playing the waiting game...

@bs

Starbank said:
No luck - I assume you are badgering the dealer as much as you can - I wouldn't be surprised if your new motor is lying in a port somwhere in Britain waiting for your dealer to arrange pick-up!

No joke, they have had a car just turn up without any indication that it had left the port in Barcelona.

I was told that delivery from the factory in Martorell to the dealership is roughly two to three weeks and as the main ship is out-of-action, they have resorted to use three ships to carry the same quantity of cars!

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
slimjim said:
They make Nissans in Spain? :think:

;)

They use parts built in Spain and they also deliver new cars from Sunderland to the Spanish dealer network - hence the problems with the Spanish transport union!

How many folk who use this site actually work for SEAT??

There seem to be a few with 'insider' knowledge!

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
Starbank said:
They use parts built in Spain and they also deliver new cars from Sunderland to the Spanish dealer network - hence the problems with the Spanish transport union!

How many folk who use this site actually work for SEAT??

There seem to be a few with 'insider' knowledge!
i do! :D

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
So can you explain how you guys track these new cars - there seems to be a common complaint from the dealers that the system they use is not too reliable or useful for tracking the progress.

Is it just a question of regularly checking the 'database' and checking to see if a new car's order reference number has been added??

Can you log onto the database and check if my car is ready - or is it dealer specific?

All seems a little prehistoric to me.

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
Starbank said:
So can you explain how you guys track these new cars - there seems to be a common complaint from the dealers that the system they use is not too reliable or useful for tracking the progress.

Is it just a question of regularly checking the 'database' and checking to see if a new car's order reference number has been added??

Can you log onto the database and check if my car is ready - or is it dealer specific?

All seems a little prehistoric to me.
it is a very prehistoric system and not that reliable either! i know there is a major problem with the boats at the moment and they are using 3 replacements boats just to catch up, Altea's arnt coming at all at the moment as they dont 'fit'!!!!! :confused:

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Just had the news that by car has been built and is on the way. The dealer reckons 10 days till collection.

so looking forward to it arriving.

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Lucky you!

I'm still waiting to hear - I've got the dealer ringing me back today at some time regarding other matters so I'll get an update then!

By the way, if anyone is interested in the twin chrome exhaust cover piece for the Leon - IMG in Warrington have faxed me the instructions on how to fit - relatively straightforward and the part costs about £55. It's the same fitment as used for the Altea so no problem with ordering.

Once I hear the car is on it's way I'll be ordering the exhaust cover - looks smart, and finishes the back end off nicely - a la A3 and Golf GTi!

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
I just had word that the car left port and Spain on 31st (7 days after build). Hopefully only a couple of weeks at most now! :)

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
I've been told my motor is scheduled for production next week - according to the SEAT system!

Fingers crossed I get some good news end of next week!

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
paradyne said:
I just had word that the car left port and Spain on 31st (7 days after build). Hopefully only a couple of weeks at most now! :)

Have you had confirmation of the delivery date yet?

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
@Starbank: Still waiting for more news and a delivery date unfortunately. I'd have thought it would have got to UK within 16 days from leaving port. The anticipation is killing me!

So long as they aren't parked on the ocean floor with some BMW's :)

I have now seen two new Leon's in the wild now, a stunning red one and rather dirty looking black one (hence why I didnt go for black).
I neeeeds my precioussssssss

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
It's pretty funny round my way.....

200 yards down the road a New black Leon (1.6 I think, nothing special anyway) has turned up (about a month ago)

Then ANOTHER black one appeared 3 doors down from him!

Common as muck ;)

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Iv only seen one new leon, and that was in Red.

I think my car will be here next week now. Dealer tells me its at the port in England.

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
I've just recieved word that the dealer should receive my car next week and that I should be able to collect it on 28/29th Nov. Now I'm just counting the hours :)

@bs

paradyne said:
I've just recieved word that the dealer should receive my car next week and that I should be able to collect it on 28/29th Nov. Now I'm just counting the hours :)

I've been told exactly the same! My car is currently being consigned/transported to the dealer :)

Yannerson

Oct 16, 2005
paradyne said:
@Starbank: Still waiting for more news and a delivery date unfortunately. I'd have thought it would have got to UK within 16 days from leaving port. The anticipation is killing me!

So long as they aren't parked on the ocean floor with some BMW's :)

I have now seen two new Leon's in the wild now, a stunning red one and rather dirty looking black one (hence why I didnt go for black).
I neeeeds my precioussssssss

Sounds rather like mine :D

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Finally got the call I've been waiting for - my new Leon was built on Friday!.

All systems are go!.

Fingers crossed it arrives at the dealer before Christmas!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.