Please help! Battery drainage issues?!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Hey all,

Been reading this thread but just want to check if there could be anything else causing my problem :confused:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338514&highlight=Mk3+battery+drain

Had a battery and alternator changed not long ago. The other day I went to my car after work and it hesitated when turning over as if the charge was going. The next morning it was flat as a pancake, no charge to open central locking, nothing. The AA jump started me and it immediately came to life, they said the alternator is charging and it's not the battery. They said something about there being no charge to the left side of the battery point but couldn't help more than that?

I got the battery replaced anyway and the same thing has happened twice since.

I have a course starting with work next week and HAVE to have my car starting and working every day. Does anyone have any ideas of things I could look into?

Thank you

Alex

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
I'm going to be of very little help here, but, I have a similar issue. Did a very simple test on the electrical system and mine has the stereo is constantly draining the battery. Mine is now (shamefully) a bit of a garage queen so havnt bothered to sort it yet. Electricity is all witch craft to me so I probably never will.

I have no idea why it's doing it but when I was using it every day I pulled the fuse every time I turned the car off off and seemed to make the battery last enough for it to always start. It's probably an earthing problem so you will have leakage there.

Apr 12, 2008
Could be that your radio is turning on, quite common error, and putting a cassete in it helps in lot of cases.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise