1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Please Help. Cupra 300 discs fail/problem!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Naps, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Cupra Belfast

Cupra Belfast Active Member

OK. There are Tarox 370mm discs, which cost well over £800, perhaps 850-900 euro. If you use the Brembo pads on them you'll likely end up with the same problems, unless you alter how you normally drive. You'd be best off replacing the Brembo discs with new ones and using a different type of pad. The Tarox pads are markedly the same price as Brembo pads. It's the metal cores that run through the Brembo pads that cause the issues. If they've warped your discs, you'll need new discs to combat that or regardless of pad you're getting the noise. Regardless of the disc, the metal cores of the brembo pads are going to get very hot during heavy braking. The hot spot related issues will therefore affect pretty much any disc. Switching pad type should conserve new discs. It's going to be expensive. Good luck

2. LouG

LouG Active Member

Aftermarket discs will void any warranty claims on your braking system.

3. Mishaw

guys, anybody knows if TAROX pads have brake sensors?

4. silky16v

silky16v #VagDoctor

Very common issue on the TTRS, RS3 cars

Having previously owned a 8v RS3 and suffered the same issue i replaced the garbage Audi pads for DS2500 and the problem went away
    Shall be doing the same on my Cupra for Pagid RS4-2 compound

5. Cupra Belfast

Cupra Belfast Active Member

The Tarox strada pads are meant to come with wear sensors. They failed to send them when I ordered mine, and after I contacted them they failed to get a set to me, with poorly thought out excuses. Allegedly DPD issues, but failed to provide any tracking info, then claimed they were returned damaged to them. Multiple back & forth conversations, no wear sensors arrived. VAG OEM wear sensors will fit the Tarox pads. Tarox should really amend their website if they don't actually send out wear sensors. If it was a genuine issue with getting them dispatched to me, it doesn't inspire much confidence that they'd manage to get pads to me again, should I decide to order from them again. I'm reluctant to go back to Brembo pads, so am presently researching to see if theyre's another make that'll fit. Not a great way to guarantee repeat custom from Tarox.

6. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

Just went to look those Pagid RS4-2 and I am wondering if they won't be a little bit too hard for the stock OEM discs - or are they meant to be used together with aftermarket discs?

7. LouG

LouG Active Member

The first thing to do is have the discs checked for runout, then check the pads for glazing and wear on the contact points with the calipers, check caliper mounts for looseness.
    These are simple things your dealer should have done on the first visit.