Please help!?! I have a 1.9tdi 110bhp asv engine and my turbo has gone :(

Seat-Ibiza-FR

Jan 6, 2014
HI,
Yesterday my Turbo went on my 110bhp 1.9tdi (ASV ENGINE) I was driving to work and I put my foot down after coming off a roundabout. The car made a small bang and started kicking out a lot of grey smoke :(
I pulled over as soon as I could and the car now rattles when the engine is turning and also kicks out a lot of grey smoke. Its used around a litre of oil and it doesn't sound healthy at all :(
Can anyone help me with where I can get a turbo from and what turbo do I need? The breakdown company said its the turbo so I am taking their word for it..

Thank you!
Jennie xx :censored:

Israar

Dec 8, 2014
Dudley
Hello Jennie!

Sorry to hear about your turbo, not a nice thing to have go at all... If you're doing it yourself then fair play, I can't say exactly what you would need but that said here's a list for turbochargers per Leon: Replacement Turbos - BTN Turbos.

As you can see on the list there, the OE Turbo for our engine (as you have the same engine as mine) 03G253014E - Garrett GTA17V VNT.

Best bet is if you're doing it yourself give them a call and they will be able to advise what exactly you need.

Myself, I'd take it to the garage to get it done (I had mine replaced/refurbed) as it had sticky vanes, though it's not cheap going to a garage to get the parts and labour.

Hopefully you can get it sorted with minimal damage to your car from the turbo blowing, good luck and get back to us with your results please! :)

--Lee

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
All of the inlet pipe work and manifold also need to come off to be cleaned of parts of shredded turbo, along with a oil and filter change, ebay, car parts 4 less or GSF, TPS or recommended turbo refurbishers are all places you should pick up a turbo from :)