Please help seat leon power steering issue

Feb 10, 2019
Hi all I’m literally new here but can anyone answer this question please

I drive a 2008 seat leon 2.0 tdi fr
Does this car have power steering fluid reservoir or is it electric as I can’t figure how what I do as my steering is making a weird noise and I have been told I need to top up fluid.. but I can’t find where anywhere ??

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
So all in all not very helpful here then I’ll cancel I think

You need to understand not everyone here has a Mk2 Leon and may not be able to answer your question.

This is a helpful community and there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people on here.

Sometimes it takes more than 12hrs for the post to be read and answered. Have some patience and you will probably find an answer.

However coming with the attitude that you have expressed may mean no one wishes to help even if they have an answer.

This forum is run and used by enthusiasts who have lives and other things they have to do so cannot be here all the time.

Again, have some patience.

Reactions: Djkane74
Feb 10, 2019
Ok thank you and apologies for being blunt and arrogant wasn’t intentional patience isn’t my best attribute lol not when it comes to my pride and joy I have the car booked in now

Reactions: Maypack

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
From what I understand, its electro mechcanical but that still means it needs fluid.... however I also understand they are a sealed, non-serviceable, system... which isnt ideal.

EDIT: But that said if you need to top it up how do they know that? unless its leaking?

Reactions: Djkane74

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Whats the noise as well? Can you describe it?

Feb 10, 2019
I
From what I understand, its electro mechcanical but that still means it needs fluid.... however I also understand they are a sealed, non-serviceable, system... which isnt ideal.

EDIT: But that said if you need to top it up how do they know that? unless its leaking?
Thats not good news if it’s sealed unit I’m also wondering how do you know if it needs to be topped up you would think it would throw up a fault code or something

Feb 10, 2019
Whats the noise as well? Can you describe it?
The best way to describe it is like a creaking noise when I’m turning the steering it only happened after a pretty substantial bang driving on straight road on Saturday ..hopefully I’ll find out what it is tomorrow :(

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
I

Thats not good news if it’s sealed unit I’m also wondering how do you know if it needs to be topped up you would think it would throw up a fault code or something

Thats whats a bit confusing, unless its obviously leaking then it cannot be low as it is sealed.

The best way to describe it is like a creaking noise when I’m turning the steering it only happened after a pretty substantial bang driving on straight road on Saturday ..hopefully I’ll find out what it is tomorrow :(

Id suspect it could be a bushing of some sort, maybe a suspension mount? Ive had some hideous creaks from cars when the upper suspension mount has been damaged.... Fingers crossed its nothing too serious.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Just a thought. Throw up a picture of your engine bay and we can try and circle it like spot the ball.