Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store.

Please help!!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by Goodst4r, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Goodst4r

Goodst4r Member

Recently brought a mk2 2012 Leon supercopa 2.0 diesel, had the car for about a month and a flashing coil light appeared on the dash. This happen once then didn’t see it again for about another 800 miles

It’s now back and on every time I use the car but I don’t seem to have any power lose like I’ve read in other threads. I read the cars diagnostic to try find a fault code and it had none! Then today my engine management light can on but still no power lose or fault codes!

Please if anyone can help as I don’t want to take it to seat and be wasting time and money for then to look for a fault code I know isn’t there to then just start replacing random bits to “see if that works” and continually be going back and forth to the dealer

2. brian1912

brian1912 Full Member

Have you checked your battery in a previous car I had the battery was done was pinging up random lights on the dash ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Goodst4r

Goodst4r Member

Not checked the battery I’ll give it a clean and tighten up tomorrow. But could itnreally be that? As it doesn’t seem to have any trouble starting

4. adon30

adon30 Full Member

It is that time of year where weak batteries start to fail.
    Mine had a couple of occassions where it wouldn't start properly. Other times it was fine. Changed the battery shortly after that and been good for the last year and a bit.
    Check the connections and grounding are all good

5. brian1912

brian1912 Full Member

Mines was a dead cell so visually looking at it you couldn’t tell only when it was tested it showed it was failing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodst4r likes this.