Polishing my black magic Ibiza FR

Gerry

Every time i wash my car i never seem to get that satisfying deep wet look shine :confused: ,any ideas on what i should use to get that desired look? Im currently using Turtle Wax car shampoo and putting a coat of Megs spray wax but it still doesn't satisfy me,what should i use? any preferences?

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
A decent carnauba wax is the way to go mate - there are a multitude of fantastic products out there that include P21S, Soverean, PoorBoys Natty blue etc etc.

Actually with black cars I would recommend some for of Sealant such as CarLack68 Systematic Care/Klasse All In One (actually the same product) - this will give you an extremely high gloss finish. You would then apply (once you have buffed the CL68SC/AIO off to a high gloss shine) your favourite carnauba wax. The carnauba wax is what gives your car the depth of the shine and what some people call the 'wet look'. Basically you would apply the CL68SC/AIO as the base coat (it only needs to be done once) and then you layer the wax at the frequency you desire - say every 1-4 weeks. With regards to Carnauba Wax you can replace this if you prefer to have a more durable finish with say CarLack68 Long Life Sealant 'Acryl Wax' or Klasse Sealant Glaze (again the same product). Layering these products will build you up an extremely durable acrylic finish that is unparalleled for high gloss and depth of shine.

The reason you can not layer CL68SC/Klasse AIO is because of the cleaning agents in the product - they will remove all contaminants on the car including previous layers of wax/sealant. A lot of people who have decent paintwork are moving over from polishers to chemical cleaning sealants as they they minimise the risk of swirling due to no abrasive agents and are inherently better at removing and preventing oxidisation due to the chemical cleaning agents and the durable acrylic seal they place on the car.

If you have any further questions or would like to expand upon the above please do not hesitate to ask.

Mark

edited to add:

I would probably use CarLack68SC / Klasse AIO at a frequency of approx 3-6 months to strip all the old wax/sealant layers and any harsh contaminants that may have penetrated the protective coatings. At that point you build up your wax/sealant layers again. :)

Last edited:

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
BlackFR said:
Mark any chance of a bullet point list of the products to buy? I'm too lazy to pick them out of the text above! :D

Chuckle :D

Sure,

Initial Layer:

CarLack-68 SC / KLASSE AIO <- Cleans car (non abrasive) and adds acrylic seal providing high gloss shine.

Successive Layers to be formed on a regular basis (1-4 week intervals)

P21S Carnauba Wax or CarLack-68 Long Life Sealant* or Poorboys Natty Blue <- they all provide that depth of shine / wet look

;)

Mark

* CarLack-68 Long Life Sealant further enhances the acrylic seal to increase the durability of the coating.

jaybeee

[e]
Feb 24, 2006
Belfast
www.metalrhino.com
Some real useful info Mark.

What would be the recommended process for applying and buffing etc? i.e. use a microfibre towel to apply CarLack-68 SC, buff off with a different towel, then use a 3rd towel to apply CarLack-68 Long Life Sealant and again buff off/up with a 4th towel.

Is that overkill or does that make sense??

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
jaybeee said:
Some real useful info Mark.

What would be the recommended process for applying and buffing etc? i.e. use a microfibre towel to apply CarLack-68 SC, buff off with a different towel, then use a 3rd towel to apply CarLack-68 Long Life Sealant and again buff off/up with a 4th towel.

Is that overkill or does that make sense??

For application I prefer to use terry applicator pads (we sold out again) but I have personally MF towels too to apply the products. However, you are dead right about using different towels otherwise the dried CL68SC may remove the previous layer due to its cleaning agents when you attempt to apply the CarLack-68 LLS.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members