[ POLL ] APR Fuel Pump or OEM s3 Intercooler?

APR Fuel Pump or OEM S3 intercooler

• Total voters

MitraShark

Jul 6, 2006
Hi guys! I have in mind one of these modifications. Which one do you think it`s more worthwhile in terms of performance?

Forgot to mention it is for a Cupra with Dbilas intake, Forge DV, ECU flash and full miltek exhaust.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Totally agree, fuel pump is the best mod you could consider of the two at the moment. I've seen on RR graphs and felt thrugh bum dyno an increase of 40-50hp in my midrange with a similar increase in torque too.

The stock fuel pump is less efficient in the midrange. As a result the tuners have to allow for this otherwise you get the dreaded fuel cutoff. This means the cars are much flatter in powerband than they could be based on the fuel supply driven by the stock pump.

With an upgraded pump, you get back that fuel pressure where you need it, in the midrange.

Though top headline figures won't alter much, as the stock pump is ok near the top of the rev band. But instead of having say 250-260hp at 4500rpm rising to 300ish at peak revs with a stock pump. You'll now see something more like 300hp flat from 4500rpm all the way to the limiter or sometimes a bit more with an upgraded pump.

Remember mid range is where you spend most of your time too. How often are you bouncing the car off the limiter. how useful is 300+hp at 6000rpm?

You want that power where you'll use it. ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Well Forge do a twintercooler for the S3 setup too. So really, I presume you could go either way. Buy a twintercooler then upgrade the OEM intercooler to S3.

Or in the case of the Mk2 Cupra upgrade the OEM intercooler to the S3 first, then twintercooler that at a later date?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.