Poll-fan fuse on battery melted/replaced or not?

My fan fuse on battery has melted/been replaced

• yes

Votes: 108 70.6%
  • no

Votes: 45 29.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 10425

mine has also gone, i was only left with half the fuse, the other half burnt away with most the fuse box i am guessing, new fuse box for me.

What gets me is how you get these common problems all the time, yet seat will not let you pay over the phone which really gets me as the closest dealer is about 8 miles away !

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
my nearest seat is miles away aswell

might end up going there in the end, but they cant use the fan excuse with me as it wasn't the fan fuse that melted, wonder what story they'll come up with for the traction control fuse

Robrico

I hava also got this problem on my V5.
MUST BE A CRAP DESIGN!
I did put in plenty of grease and a new fuse...

/ Robert Sweden

Robrico

fuse holder

The part number depends on battery size i was told. Mine is a 60 amp batt, engine code is ayp on a 2001 car.
The part number is 1J0937617A and the description brings it up as a bracket, but when they look on there screen at the dealer it say fuse holder.

ren87

Sorry to bring up an old thread here, but could anyone tell me which fuse operates what?

i.e which 30a fuse is for the fan?

Cheers, Chris

ren87

I think you might be correct actually, I think I heard a while ago it was the far right fuse, but couldn't quite remember!

Cheers :D

scaredpassenger

Oct 3, 2007
Essex
right haveing read this thread from start to finish i have a question, my car fuses has melted and dissapeared, thing is the car works fine, i noticed the space where the right hand fuse was was empty and the plastic around it was melted, the other two fuses are fine, the air con and coolant temp in the car are fine, and i asked my missus when the last time anyone looked at the vehicle and it was three months ago when a coil pack went down!

what exactly does this fuse control???
cheers

jason-jm

Sep 13, 2007
right haveing read this thread from start to finish i have a question, my car fuses has melted and dissapeared, thing is the car works fine, i noticed the space where the right hand fuse was was empty and the plastic around it was melted, the other two fuses are fine, the air con and coolant temp in the car are fine, and i asked my missus when the last time anyone looked at the vehicle and it was three months ago when a coil pack went down!

what exactly does this fuse control???
cheers

SOOOOO im having this problem.. and I have 30 fuses to replace.. but they are meltin by the day...

so they wont last long...

how do i solve this problem... I defo need a new tray as its melted badly

L.R.C.

May 21, 2007
mine also melted before 2 days when i was stuck in traffic ( i was going to SS1 at rally acropolis)

the good thing is that it didnt melt completely, but enough to stop fans from working, so i cleaned the contacts and i am OK for now.

i think the problem is the FMIC setup, now the radiator is only cooled with hot air from the ic and the fans are working a lot of time, the resistor is enough big to resist the power suply but the plastic cover is melted from the heat that is generated.

i will try a lower thermostat.

ginger_fool

This website rocks!! I type in any problem and hey presto the same problem and the solution not sure I like the fact that it is happening to everyone though!!

GarryGti

TurboLag is ur head start
May 1, 2008
Skagdover, Hampshire
Mine went secondary water pump and fans did not kick in and i though the water pump had gone looked at the fuse and she was melted so got new one the other day!!

Allen

Iv just gone out today to find my Fuse melted but still intact, however the fans were not kicking in and neither was the 2nd water pump that stays on when you turn the car off and the air con wasnt very strong. Iv replaced the fuse and im going to keep checking it but looks like il be needing the new fuse board thingy too!

DSC00306.jpg

DSC00308.jpg