polo engine?

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
does any body know the engine code for the 1.4 16v DOHC engine from the mk4 polo? and how easy would it be to fit in my beeza if i got the engine, 'box, ECU? and wiring loom? thank you for all your comments i know i have had many questions about engine swaps but im exploring choices

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
The 1.4 16v engine came in, what, 75 and 100 bhp variants?

Why would you go to the effort of putting one of those in when you could buy a GTI for less and get 115bhp and all the extras that go with it? (suspension, brakes, ABS etc etc)

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
haha yes that was an option, buut..... i cant afford to run a gti as i am 20 and have no NCB plus i now have a baby on the way and am looking into buying a leon so want a 1.4 still to mess with

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
But you can afford to buy and fit a different engine, do some brake and suspension upgrades and then insure a heavily modified car to get it on the road legally?

ibiza95

Mar 13, 2008
ipswich, suffolk
mmm eh right, thats put more perspective on it, i do like to sound of a 2.0l 8 valve toyed with the idea a while ago but thought insurance would rocket

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
max 9 months for baby to arrive, by the time you've sourced an engine etc, got round to doing it, had the usual problems etc....guess what you'll need? more room

save your money

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.