POLO TURBO...nearly ready.. SEAT owners watchout!!

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Hello all!
If you are reading this then my topic title worked!
I was only messin, if it wasnt for you SEAT owners and this forum I wouldnt have my car this way unless I paid a fortune to someone!

Well I finally got my manifold made for my car, some said top mount would not be possible but my Exhaust guy is real good and the bonnet closes!!

A few pics:

DSC05243.jpg

DSC05246.jpg

DSC05253.jpg

DSC05259.jpg

DSC05257.jpg

I know I need alot of heat wrap!!

Got my remap bookedd for wednesday and soo much to do still

The collector and W/G pipe are made of 310H which can handle upto 1500°C, and the primaries from sch40.

DSC05265.jpg

DSC05270.jpg

I got the screamer pipe ending on the passenger side below the door but Lance (Exhaust fabricator) said when the W/G opens the vibrations might make it move alot so he put this spring clip thing in so I can take it off.. hopefully I wont have to!

DSC05277.jpg

DSC05280.jpg

DSC05279.jpg

With the turbo facing the other way im having trouble with space for the Air filter, wish I didnt have to use the bloody MAF!
I might make a hole and put the filter in the Wing, but the 4" piping looks like that might not work either..

I really hope to get it done by the weekend if my parts get here in time!

Will keep u all posted!

Thanks again for everyones help and opinions..

Juber

May 7, 2008
WOWWWWWWW! thats amazing mate!

Loving the manifold, also interested to know who did it for you and also how much wedge?

Is that a GT35??

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looks like a nice job - lots of folk will be after Lance's number I think.

There looks to be enough space to bring the intake in from the front of the car over the cambelt cover?

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
looking at the 7th picture, looks like hes either just folowed from the collector back to flange and thats how it ended up or it needs to miss servo !?

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
DSC05265.jpg

Is there a reason why runner #1 isn't the same as #4?

Hi all,
Not sure why runner 1 is different... I think its because of the space issue and the brake servo being close, or maybe it just ended up there:lol:
They are equal length primaries all approx 13".
DSC05255.jpg

The 310H is 5mm thick i think and sch40 is just less than 4mm..

DSC05267.jpg

DSC05260.jpg

DSC05245.jpg

Im getting mapped by JBS hooch, they mapping it with the AVCR and 3BAR map sensor.

Just heat wrapped the D/P and wastegate pipe, and making the coilpack cover!

As for heat issues, I think my setup will be better than turbo lower down setups because its right next where the bonnet ends and near the water deflector so if I get a vent up front it will cause an air vacuum and should get rid of the heat when on the move much better than most BT setups

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members