POLO TURBO...nearly ready.. SEAT owners watchout!!

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Hi guys, a quick update for you all..
Im an idiot:ban:

I am soo lucky my engine is still ok!

I was using denso ik24s and the other day the car started missing, I thought it was a coilpack but it was showing mis-fire in 1,2 and 3!!

Anyway it was the stupid bloody plugs!! no.3s ceramic bit broke and fell onto my piston[:@][:@]

Bill told me to hoover as much out as possible for a start which I did, it was all realy small bits on the piston, so I'm hoping I got it at the right time before it tried to get thru the exhaust valves!
Using standard copper ngks at the mo.

Sorted that all out and I thought let me sort out my fuel pump as my fuel level doesnt work...
Checked and I found that the block-off I used for the extra petrol feed (S3 pump im using) was missing!
I replaced it and fitted the pump and the 044 is SOO much quieter!!

Even my A/f ratios, they now drop to 11's.
Before and on my dyno the most I ever seen was 12's. At low revs/boost spool up my a/f was 14's now 13's.

I think it came loose pretty much as soon as I fitted the pump the first time round but very luckily it was still runing rich!

I wonder if that had anything to do with my plug breaking?

Thank god I can say the car is running sweet now!
Taking it to Dyno Dynamics RR today see what power it makes.
Im thinking it will be slightly less as im running richer now.

Thanks guys!

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Oh and I was actually running 1.6bar at AMD when it made 453bhp 375lb torque...
Sorry about that! I asked AMD and they tolld me!

jamiebennett81

Oh and I was actually running 1.6bar at AMD when it made 453bhp 375lb torque...
Sorry about that! I asked AMD and they tolld me!

nice figures there mate **traction**;), and very lucky with the engine indeed:D

When does that turbo spool up?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Lucky escape with the plugs then, just hope it doesnt effect anything on the run tomorrow.

I've never been keen on those denso plugs after reading about a few people having that problem.

Copper core NGK BKR7E's for me at about a quarter of the price. :D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
IK22's on mine, zero issues ever.. I dont know anyone else running as high a boost and as high a power or duty as mine who has had a similar problem? where did you read this Phil? urban myth or same kind of issue as well publicised single failure which is attributable to something else anyhows?

Issue is likely cylinder pressures (this car has high timing apparently) and lean conditions under boost. ceramics can and will crack under these conditions.

Not sure why an IK24 used, not my choice personally.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
hi mate,I use denso iw24's in mine ,used to over 500bhp with no problem at all.
Which DD rollers are you using mate?Good luck they don't call them the heartbreaker for nothing!
Going on a rr day tomorrow with a mate who has just had a gt35 fitted so should be interesting.

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
IK22's on mine, zero issues ever.. I dont know anyone else running as high a boost and as high a power or duty as mine who has had a similar problem? where did you read this Phil? urban myth or same kind of issue as well publicised single failure which is attributable to something else anyhows?

Issue is likely cylinder pressures (this car has high timing apparently) and lean conditions under boost. ceramics can and will crack under these conditions.

Not sure why an IK24 used, not my choice personally.

I got IK24's delivered instead of 22's and I just used them instead!
I've heard of cracking issues with alot of ik24;s but was down to lean conditions as u said bill.

hi mate,I use denso iw24's in mine ,used to over 500bhp with no problem at all.
Which DD rollers are you using mate?Good luck they don't call them the heartbreaker for nothing!
Going on a rr day tomorrow with a mate who has just had a gt35 fitted so should be interesting.

Hi Mate, I was ment to go today to Linden Gas in Northampton but I had to re-arrange it for 2moro... Where will you be going?

As for the power it shows Im not too fused just want to compare to AMDs dyno now so I know exactly what i've got under the bonnet, I'm taking out 360's, carrera's etc 3rd gear pulls so happy with that! I got my car weighed.. 1100kg with me in it!

Is there a big weight difference between a standard block and forged??

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
No difference in weight between forged/standard internals mate.
I'm going to surrey! I already know what mine will do ,around 400-420bhp and 420-440ft/lb but just thought i'd stick it on for fun! See if you can get the power at the wheels graph aswell as the boost and afr graph.Post up tomorrow.

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Hi all,
Getting the Gearbox strengthened at the mo so thought I would tke off the intake check everything else is ok....
I noticed that 2 of the valves for cylinder 3 are brown the rest Black... what could that be?
I have supertech inconel valves.
The rest are all black.

It was cylinder 3 spark plug that broke on me so im sure it related to that...

DSC01127.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

A few random pics since i had the camera handy...

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

Manifold still taking all the abuse with no probs..
DSC01122.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members