Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Great guide thanks for doing this.

For those who are new to the Dog Bone Mount replacement there are other types that have a very different fitting method, for example the Revo one is a replacement part and comes with a tool.

Details of how to fit those can be found on Youtube.

Reactions: Lozzy15

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Hi

To anybody that has fitted this insert, I would love to hear your feedback on how easy or difficult the insertion was (no innuendo intended!). I'm asking because I just fitted the Powerflex on a 2014 Mk3 Cupra and I was expecting a little bit of persuasion to be needed with the insertion, even after greasing with supplied grease, and i was so surprised how easy it shot up there. I had version 1 fitting and the Powerflex item was PFF85-830. Past experience with the Mk2 variant, i remember easing up with a jack and piece of timber to finish the insertion, it was that tight. Did anybody else have an easy time with this?

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Hi

To anybody that has fitted this insert, I would love to hear your feedback on how easy or difficult the insertion was (no innuendo intended!). I'm asking because I just fitted the Powerflex on a 2014 Mk3 Cupra and I was expecting a little bit of persuasion to be needed with the insertion, even after greasing with supplied grease, and i was so surprised how easy it shot up there. I had version 1 fitting and the Powerflex item was PFF85-830. Past experience with the Mk2 variant, i remember easing up with a jack and piece of timber to finish the insertion, it was that tight. Did anybody else have an easy time with this?

When doing mine it did pretty much slot right in without any resistance. So long as it doesn't move about once it's in it should be fine.

GlekkeMatrak

Dec 22, 2020
Houtvenne, Belgium
For me my gear changes felt more solid. They were a bit sloppy before but there was a clear difference after fitting the polybush.
I assume even in an automatic the power transmission would be more direct, rather than shaking the engine first before putting power to the wheels. Something I need to consider... Maybe immediately go for the Black Series one

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
Engine wobble, didn't test it by hand but the poly insert definitely fills some void areas up in the stock bush so it must make the engine block a bit firmer to move. Noticeable difference in feel of the car when pulling off with one fitted. Can't speak for the black poly feels, but yellow is a nice compromise in cabin comfort.

Jul 30, 2022
Thanks for the guide.

Just picked up a 2019 Mk3 Cupra 290 and seen lots of posts about this.

I’m a complete newbie to this all and have no idea which insert to go for. Can anyone help/recommend? Would greatly appreciate it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.