Poor performance PD150

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Standard PD150 map is back on and it's no better.

I've run some more logs now it's been on for a few days.

Should the requested by driver IQ match the rpm or MAF, is this normal not to meet?

Any ideas anyone?

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
a free bump for you ,

did you seolv it after ??

one of mine is showing at + 2.99
and runs rough and drinks the fuel average about 30mpg

Cheers mate, nope still no better averaging around 33-39 mpg, something I have noticed recently is the police siren noise that has been happening for months has got louder and power is coming in later and later and poor response from turbo, which is making me think from what I have read that my turbo maybe out of balance, haven't had this checked but might be worth just replacing it.

It's had brand new filters and treatments put in the tank and mpg has been no better.

Power seems to be ok but it has to be reved so hard right up the rev range to get any real power, it's like driving a petrol sometimes!!

+2.99 is not good, that's worse than mine! Think my no4 topped out at 2.28.

Turbo maybe the way forward for me.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Cheers mate, nope still no better averaging around 33-39 mpg, something I have noticed recently is the police siren noise that has been happening for months has got louder and power is coming in later and later and poor response from turbo, which is making me think from what I have read that my turbo maybe out of balance, haven't had this checked but might be worth just replacing it.

It's had brand new filters and treatments put in the tank and mpg has been no better.

Power seems to be ok but it has to be reved so hard right up the rev range to get any real power, it's like driving a petrol sometimes!!+2.99 is not good, that's worse than mine! Think my no4 topped out at 2.28.

Turbo maybe the way forward for me.

ha i cant remember petrol days now :lol:

strange with mine its rough idling , but still goes like stink when planted

my speed sensor is broke again and just spins all the time if driven fairly hard -- a real eyeopener in the wet/rain

mine smokes like crap ( blueish ) on idle but as soon as revved it disapears and not one puff on WOT

ive new injectors and tandem pump to fit , just want to do a compression test before paying to have all that fitted

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
ha i cant remember petrol days now :lol:

strange with mine its rough idling , but still goes like stink when planted

my speed sensor is broke again and just spins all the time if driven fairly hard -- a real eyeopener in the wet/rain

mine smokes like crap ( blueish ) on idle but as soon as revved it disapears and not one puff on WOT

ive new injectors and tandem pump to fit , just want to do a compression test before paying to have all that fitted

Mine doesn't seem to have an idling problem, just when I start it up in the morning I get a whiiirrrrrrrriiiiiiirrrr police siren noise on idle and low revs until about 2500 rpm!

Smoke is ok, but worse than it has been in recent months, I'm going to put that down to the turbo inbalance.

I thought it could be injectors for my issue because of the high reading on 4 but it's still within spec and the police siren whine that I can hear has pretty much confirmed it's more than likely the turbo.

My power seems pretty good also when I out my foot down it does pull very well just not down low and as I said needs to be reved the nuts off it to get it to move like it should.

Hope your compression test goes ok!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.