poorly alloys - refurbisher Luton or bedford ?

lsw

Apr 3, 2007
bedfordshire
hi folks

ive just kerbed my alloy wheels on my new 07 cupra.........ooooouuuucccchhhh,HOW MAD AM I WITH MYSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway im, trying to locate a company in luton or bedford that can do the reair for me ?????

CAN ANYONE HELP .....................................................::cry:

lsw

Apr 3, 2007
bedfordshire
hi seadragon

yeh am gutted,about alloys normally am so careful ,thought was far enough away but ooopppss............................not so ,,,life eh

tried several companys but because car so new "seat uk tell me no paint part or match avail as of yet .
and companys will look @ alloys then take the photo away and then await ta see if match avail through their suppliers,,,,,,,which is very long winded and just frustrating ,cus just wanna put car right, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and its poooorrrrllllyyy. lol

markfranklin

Mar 24, 2007
I have damaged the alloys on my current Golf on two occasions, and both times I used a company called 'Smart Wheels'. This was a firm based in Birmingham, and they came out to me (3 hour journey) to do the job both times. £75 per wheel but the work was utterly unbelievable and I felt it was exceptional value for money.

I have tried to look them up online, but no joy so I fear they have either closed down or else changed their name perhaps.

If you would like, please post a reply and I will happily go into the loft and see if I can dig out the receipts so I can give you the phone number.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Excuse my ignorance but not sure if LC2s come with full size spare alloy that you could swap temporarily until you can sort it?!!?!?!? :confused:

It worked for me, I had only owned mine for just under an hour when I curbed mine. I was so fed-up!

johnvx220

May 10, 2007
Plymouth
Its going to happen to all of us. I have a damaged n/s front and now park a good distance from the kerb. Well thats the theory but only yesterday caught it again. I have had many cars which have had alloys but never the problems that these are giving. It is amost not worth reparing them until the week you sell the car. NOTE - Must park in middle of road.

lsw

Apr 3, 2007
bedfordshire
hi oliverj

you dont get spare wheel ya just get a repair can !!! to give instant repair,ang get ya mobile again ,but yeh am gutted .cus keep mi car spotless but life eh..........lol. am getting sorted next week with "kerb king" they just got to matcch paint colour first ,then will sort out fa mi.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
hi oliverj

you dont get spare wheel ya just get a repair can !!! to give instant repair,ang get ya mobile again ,but yeh am gutted .cus keep mi car spotless but life eh..........lol. am getting sorted next week with "kerb king" they just got to matcch paint colour first ,then will sort out fa mi.

No way! A repair can!!! Unbelievable.

It is so hard to keep your wheels pristine no matter how carefully you drive. I stood over the tyre company when they fitted my new ones and meticulously checkd them for marks afterwards. I even have a stone chip on one of the wheels and I have only had them a few weeks.

I hope you get sorted!!

lsw

Apr 3, 2007
bedfordshire
yeh cheers oliver

like yours my cars my pride & joy , valeting annd keeping it spotless but missis gets the hump mi spending so much time on the car.........lol love seeing it gleam ,hence why wanna repair alloys a.s.ap. nice photo's

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
Cheers for the comments. Have you any piccies of yours?

I borrowed a LC2 from the dealer the other week while I had my fourth front splitter fitted! Damn things. I was impressed with the drive and stability on the road. No more torque steer!

It is very rare to find a woman who appreciates why we look after our cars and spend the time we do on them. It is the best feeling in the world driving round in a meticulously clean motor. Nice to see people looking as you drive past. Fingers crossed for the wheel next week!

lsw

Apr 3, 2007
bedfordshire
oliverj

wouldnt it be great to find a woman who understands why we clean car with so much detail eh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I have had two wheels refurbed by a local company and some minor damage from a tyre company (don't get me started) was repaired seamlessly - they struggled on full refurbs with colour matching the other wheels but aside form that it was about £40 a wheel : much more cost effective than a new one.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I had my 18's repaired by Lepsons in Kent. Top job, repaired 2 kerbed wheels and repainted for £235 inc VAT.

Fish

Maximus2000uk

This paint matches the colour of the Cupra alloys, & the FR 18's very well.

Manufacture name: RENAULT
Colour name: GRIS BRANCARD EFFECT
Manufacture colour code: 205171 AVANTIME

The information came from another post - the info was posted by a ChipsAway operative.

oliverj

Aug 18, 2006
Nottingham
I am thinking about getting a couple of extra wheels to make 8 (don't ask :D) and then getting four of them powder coated in gloss black and shod in R888s for the track so I can protect my normal wheels from track damage.

I was quoted £160 all in for the four wheels including powder coating (post sand blasting) and baking at 180 degrees. Not a bad price I thought.

Anyone any experience with powder coating wheels - I was concerned about the damage or affect on reliability sand blasting/baking the wheel may have or am I being over sensitive? :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members