Poorly beeza :(

TDISam

HoorayforCaptainSpaulding
Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
my poor baby has had a falling out with a car park barrier this morning,:cry: :cry:
one of the ones that raises from the floor, my fault cause not paying attention to it,:censored: hopefully i can claim off work, but so far it looks like its buckled my alloy, knackered both front shocks, the steering wheel now sits at 90 degrees so i think the driveshafts had it, so basically everything to do with my front two wheels is beggared, gotta drive to the garage in the morning at no more than 20mph in case the wheel shears off:cry: :cry: , reckon i'm looking at about 2 -300 quid might see if the garage can get some lowering stuff as its having new suppension, anyway just wanted to moan at someone other than the mrs :cry: :cry:

Mckellar

no such luck mate, hope u get it all fixed as soon as possible, buy coilovers and get them fitted while its in the garage :)

Mckellar

jenk said:
if your claming from work get a dealer quote to fix it. Then get the cash go somewere cheaper and with the change get some coilovers ;)

lol, fly one, but good idea jen :p

TDISam

Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
no pics but all you can see anyway is the wheels at a funny angle, spoke to the garage (a friend thank god) he says the front shock on the passenger side is scrap and 90% of the things connected to it!! he's gonna try a new tyre on the wheel to see if its buckled, fingers crossed its not but the tyre was flat, £180 parts and labours not bad though.
i rang the help desk at work and they said if there were no witnesses they assume i hadnt used my pass so its not the barriers fault, asked about and they did the same thing to another fella, wrote his car off though and wouldnt pay a penny!

TDISam

Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
update... got car back today, all back to normal £214 lighter tho (changed my front brake pads as well) anyone know how to tell if a wheel is buckled if it looks round?

TDISam

Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
cheers claude, gonna take it to a tyre fitters tomorrow hopefully the tyre wont be scrapped if its not buckled (not gonna hold my breath though). on another note does anyone know how to get the glass out of the drivers wing mirror? (heated) cheers

TDISam

Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
yeah the glass is push in/out easy peasy, got the tracking done today, wheels not buckled (miracle!!) the tyre was destroyed though, bit gutted about that cuz it'd only done about 1000 miles but oh well at least everythings sorted now,

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.