Poorly Fr again

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
I just got it back after the umpteenth time being in the garage, and 1 day later the heating packed up.:cry:

the air con only works if recycle is on, but then it mists your windows up, so you after drive round with the back windows down.

now this morning after waiting 10 mins for the front window to dimist my rear windows have stopped working.

this car is possesed by the devil i think [:@] , any one know a good vicar?

i am fed up of the car now, is there anywhere you can go above seat to complain about the state of the car? seat said as its covered under warrenty i have to live with it, but after the run of luck i have had, its got to go.

it does more miles a week to the garage and back than travelling to work

HarryKatinnen

I just got it back after the umpteenth time being in the garage, and 1 day later the heating packed up.:cry:

the air con only works if recycle is on, but then it mists your windows up, so you after drive round with the back windows down.

now this morning after waiting 10 mins for the front window to dimist my rear windows have stopped working.

this car is possesed by the devil i think [:@] , any one know a good vicar?

i am fed up of the car now, is there anywhere you can go above seat to complain about the state of the car? seat said as its covered under warrenty i have to live with it, but after the run of luck i have had, its got to go.

it does more miles a week to the garage and back than travelling to work

How long have you had the car now...is rejection under the Sale of Goods act a realistic possibility. I found I got a much better response from the stealer and Seat customer service when I started talking rejection but this was only a few days after I had the car. Strictly speaking the earlier into ownership that you reject the vehicle the better but as far as I am aware there is no legal time limit:ban:

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
ive tried to reject it many times, but get fobbed off

i think im going to go to the trading stands, might get somewhere then

j3ster

Is it on HP because then you have to reject it to the finance company as they effectively are the owner until you make the final payment

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
tossot, ive spoken to trading standards and have an ongoing reference with them, after every failed attempt to get a "mechanic" to fix a problem i have to contact them and update them, this will continue until i am happy with the car,

i had just come off the phone to seat uk, where when i asked how long the part would take and the fact that they couldnt tell me, i asked for a refund, they said i would have to speak to the dealer as it was them that sold me the car. i said "fine, i have to call trading standards but then i will call the dealer"

i call trading standards,

they advised me that you do have to give them time to fix the problem, id been waiting for the door module for 3 weeks, she said 2 was enough, then give a deadline to meet the objective. a week was enough, not sure what happened but......

litrally 30mins after i got off the phone, my dealer contacted me and said they had the part being delivered in 2/3 days and could they have the car to fit it.

coincidence?

Carnivor

Jul 7, 2006
In my LeonFR 2.0 TDI
ohh, i logged the issue with trading standards 5 months into my owning the car, they were optimistic that if i really want to pursue a refund it had a very good chance if the situation went to court. but realistically seat should honour the issue and replace the car. after all, i want the car, just one that works the same as on the day i bought it,

cant advise about the hp side of things, i bought outright, saved up for it, so im even more tamping about the problems ive had.

HarryKatinnen

ohh, i logged the issue with trading standards 5 months into my owning the car, they were optimistic that if i really want to pursue a refund it had a very good chance if the situation went to court. but realistically seat should honour the issue and replace the car. after all, i want the car, just one that works the same as on the day i bought it,

cant advise about the hp side of things, i bought outright, saved up for it, so im even more tamping about the problems ive had.

Carnivor & Tissot

I would write to both the Dealer Principal and to Seat Customer Service stating that whilst you are giving them a final opportunity to rectify the faults you are experiencing you are reserving the right to reject the car if the faults are not rectified to your satisfaction in what you deem to be a reasonable time. This puts them on warning and the ball in your court. Do not let them try to fob you off, it is your decision to reject and for them to try to resolve the issue to mutual satisfaction. It is a while since I got my LLB Law and as I didn't take up a career in law I am a bit rusty. However when I had a problem with my TDI Sport 10 minutes after I took delivery and the dealer dragged their heels an early morning fax and email soon got their attention and the issue resolved.

tissot

Jan 3, 2007
york
thanks all

i bought the car outright from new

i have also spokent to trading standards who have been helpfull

i have written a recorded delivery letter to both seak uk and garage and have given them 14 days to resolve the issues.

my main problem is that different things go wrong.

eg
turbo leaking oil
windows
speakers
suspension
anti roll bars
bushes
brakes
air bag
bluetooth
ipod
air con system
gear knob gator

this is all in less than 6 mths

i worked out that ive done about 3000 miles too andf from garage so far

they took my car on monday and i havent heard since

even the service manager has had enough of seeing it !!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise