Poorly tfsi, any ideas what might be wrong?

ballchucker

Hi all, I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me diagnose what the fault might be on my car so that i don't get ripped off at the garage.

Basically the car is running like a bag of bones of tickover. The engine revs on its own accord. It drives ok, but it does also appear to rev on a little bit at low speeds. The problem seems to get worse the hotter the car gets.

Any suggestions what the fault might be?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
i,had something similar on a mk1 cupra,check see if you,ve had the fuel filter changed for one.the other might be a coil pack on its way out.if turns out to be neither run some injector cleaner through,if still have a problem you,ll have to let garage look at it just make sure you tell them to let you know whats wrong and how much BEFORE they fix it,at least then you can ask on here once you find out.you can tell the garage you can,t pay for repairs yet so will go back when ready,

hope this helps,like i said regards garage once you know what problem is ask on here ,might find a cheaper solution
good luck

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
you need to find someone local with 'vag-com' to scan the error codes on your car, as there most likely will be some.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.