possible best mod eveeeer

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Tried to do a video this morning but it wont pop now :( Need to get them Scirroco parts

Andrew, have you tried extending your current boot stops? IIRC it's an allen key head and if you turn them out abit further, it'll cause more pressure when the boot lid is shut, thus giving you a pop, worth a try as they are adjustable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Andrew, have you tried extending your current boot stops? IIRC it's an allen key head and if you turn them out abit further, it'll cause more pressure when the boot lid is shut, thus giving you a pop, worth a try as they are adjustable?

I tried that yesterday. It does improve it slightly but it still hesitates to open that first 3 or 4 inches until the struts can take over fully. Just got the Scirocco bumpers and fitted them. This definately appears to be the final piece to the puzzle, no hesitation at all, the springs give it the push it needs.

Just going to leave it an hour or so (always seemed to be worse after being closed for a while) and check it again

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
They should do, I've been to them many times. It was my local dealer put me onto them. They even asked me this morning if I was trade and I said no.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Yeah I have already called them an they have put them aside for me, I got a set for Andrew too

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Irfan your a legend!

My old struts don't look adjustable

Not the struts Andrew, the little black bump stops that put pressure between the bootlid and the car, one either side of the bootlid. You can use an allen key to adjust them in or out, normally to stop the bootlid rattling.

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Don't compress the Scirocco bumpers fully (as for the instructions for the Golf). I found that it still hesitated to open after the boot was closed for an hour. Leave the bumpers extended 3 or 4 clicks so the closed length of the bumper is about 35mm, which is slightly more than the OEM bumpers were. Just tried it with this setting and it worked okay (boot closed for an hour)

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
Right done a little bit of research

The forces are as follows

1U6827550F Eject Force [N] = 515
1U6827550E Eject Force [N] = 500
1U6827550G Eject Force [N]= 550
1U6827550H Eject Force [N] = 565

all have a length of = 492mm

No, the Octavia Hatchback. These are the four options. A lot are going for the 550F if they have a standard tailgate, too much pressure and it could make it too difficult to close.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Right guys went to Stutsdirect today and had a word with the boss

He has said if you order via http://www.metrol.com/ on the phone then he will do the 515n sturts @ 12.72 + VAT

now this is the same company as struts direct
We fitted a set to Andys car and mate a slight change to make them fit better part number you need to give it NS-FF-8-200 515N B3SA B3SA

Now these seem to work great but sometimes doesn't open but then again we haven't fitted any other parts so thinking getting the bumpers should sort this out

Order the above guys