Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store. We've also updated our terms and conditions so check them out too.

Possible fault help

Discussion in 'TDi - SEAT Diesel specific topics' started by teeth2k, Nov 6, 2017.

1. teeth2k

teeth2k Full Member

Hi all
    Last night I noticed when I first started my car pd105, the headlights would get slightly brighter when I revved the car, after a drive this wasn't that noticeable, could this mean either the battery's on it's way out or the alternator is on it's way out?
    Also could this be related to why I have to have the cam sensor unplugged to get the car to start?

Any info would be much gratefully received

2. cheshire cat

cheshire cat Full Member

a voltage test wouldn't hurt but not immediately after a run say1/2-1 hour after should be ideally 12.6 then start check then switchon load and see if it dips much---------re cam sensor -wouldn't think it's relevant

3. teeth2k

teeth2k Full Member

IV read on the web that the sensor could be down to the battery or alternator if replaced and still at fault

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk

4. verbal_kint

verbal_kint Senior Member

With a multimeter on the battery the alternator should charge at around the 14.2- 14.5v mark and dip but recover as you load the current draw by turning lights etc on.

If you are getting less than 13.8v then you're not getting enough to keep the battery charged so could point to a faulty alternator but do check all the connections as breaks or corrosion can create resistance.

#4 verbal_kint, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. teeth2k

teeth2k Full Member

IV done a test with a multimeter and the battery is 12v on standing and 14v with engine running

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk