Possible handbrake issue?

Jan 19, 2019
Essex
I got my Ibiza FR at the end of May ‘18 first few months of owning the car had no issue with the handbrake but in the last month when I apply the handbrake while parked on the smallest of hills or even on a flat surface, the car makes a clunking noise unless I pull it up rather high, is that normal or should I get it checked out?

Harry.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You mean like the brakes straining to hold the car? Or an actual clunk? I'd park it in gear till I could get it checked out.

Cerfwo

Feb 10, 2018
I also have this to some degree, if I only put the handbrake on one or two clicks you can hear the car "groaning" as if it is very slowly moving forwards (like the brakes are struggling to keep the car where it is), then pulling it up another two clicks and the noises stop. Not something I'm too concerned about as I just pull it up 3 clicks or so and all is fine.

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Did you get it looked at? We took our Ibiza in to get the rear seatbelt fix applied today and they did something to the handbrake too. They didn't say what the problem was, just explained that the notice had just gone out so we wouldn't have received anything by post yet.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.