Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Possible to fit golf K04 to the Ibiza?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by thewiizard, Mar 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. thewiizard

thewiizard Tarmac Tantaliser

Hey Peeps,

Very quick question here... Been looking at these on eBay and was curious as to how different they actually are to the Ibiza turbos?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-BORA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2557459fad

I think the exhaust manifolds are the same but I'm guessing it would need a different downpipe to hook up to my ibiza exhaust, i'd need a different TIP and charge pipe runs a different way.

Thoughts?

2. Robbie C

That's a K04-001, same fitment as K03

K04-023s found on LCRs, TTs etc are not a straight fit. A search will reveal all

3. thewiizard

So you think that's pretty much a bolt on replacement perhaps just needing a larger TIP?

Sorry mate, I've done a lot of searching today but a lot of the threads become quite convoluted and off topic and become distracting. I'm continuing to read but just thought I'd try and clear up the basic things first :)

4. chris_200120vt

chris_200120vt MR carbon fibre

would a void it most likely cheap china crap

5. thewiizard

Yeah valid point Chris. I'm interested because a friend has just fitted one to his MK4 GTi after his stock turbo seized up and from having a nose into it, it doesn't seem that bad.

May not last 100K but could still be worth a go :)

6. chris_200120vt

chris_200120vt MR carbon fibre

i bought one after reading that it may go pop after 10 miles of fitting i thought :censored: that and put it on ebay did not want to risk it, so i think when i have some money spare after paying jake for the respray may just put a ths manifold on and run it on a stage 2 map unless i bugger off to austrailia again:cartman:

7. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

no more power from that than a k03s

8. M87NER

M87NER MATNER

is it me or is that ad claiming it can produce 250-260bhp... its a k03s basically.

a k04-023 look completly different.

9. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

nope thats the usual BS egay sellers claim but cannot backup

10. thewiizard

After Robbie had mentioned it should fit, I did then presume it to be, essentially a K03s.

A K04-023 needs 3" down pipe, different exhaust and oil return with the LCR TIP does it not?

11. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

k04-023 needs a completely different type of downpipe, it exits the side not the rear, has different fittings, needs different manifold, TIP etc etc etc

12. daves ibiza

daves ibiza Guest

im going down k04 023 route totally diffrent setup to k03 k03s k04 001 ect

13. thewiizard

OK, well this is seeming like a option then. What's the deal with the charge pipe, would I need to run the Golf GTi option or is there a better LCR option?

Stealth Racing were telling about how much "fun" the K04-023s are to fit because of what Bill just mentioned. The exhaust/down pipe has clearance issues apparently.

14. daves ibiza

daves ibiza Guest

yeah will be a custom job on exhaust ect but every thing else should fly together, pics of my turbo kit will be up soon and ov course bill will be mapping it again;). id go for lcr route mate ask bowen for pics i made his the lcr route much better than draging pipework.

can i ask you a question mate whys your car diffrent colour on front ect

15. Robbie C

If I were you I'd start searching for K03 hybrids or see Badger5's section where he has a detailed post of what's needed to achieve the same power for less hassle.

16. thewiizard

I've spoken to CRT about getting a K03 hybrid up with RS4 internals I think but it's a lot of money. About 500 notes and I think it came in it 300bhp capable.

lol Dave it's a long story but essentially, I damaged the front end and there happened to be a silver cupra in the breakers yard. That was 18+ months ago and I'm still not overly annoyed with the combo. Constantly getting mixed reviews but having a standard colour scheme is on the list :)

17. roly

roly midnightmotors.net

There's loads of pics etc of my K04 build in my readers ride thread if it's any help

18. cupramillo

cupramillo The "Red Baron"

If you want more power then you have to pay for it, no short cuts available im afraid!

19. Bowen

Bowen Active Member

could just buy a k03s?......