Possibly Returning to Seat.....

bizaman

I am The BOFH
Feb 23, 2005
Satans Layby
bizaman.blogspot.com
Well some of you may remember me some of you wont.

Looking to possibly buy a Cordy 2.0 16v SX. Going to look at it today but not sure what to look out for. Car has MOT till July and has a fuller service history too. Apears to be totally standard and looked after (clean outside at least) So anyone got a few quick tips as to what i should be looking out for?

Thanks

Biza

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Good man, first thing is the bloody pedal box give the clutch pedal a good thrashing with the engine off and listen for any creaking, clicking or snapping noises as these are a bitch to fix. Cambelt change is expensive so make sure this has been sorted, as are discs and pads so look for evidence of these being changed. Front tyres go down fast on soft tyres, my Yoko's were shagged after just 10k and i don't sit doing burnouts so check these as they are anywhere from £45 upwards on 16's.

Dint's and dings are body work are easy and cheap to sort with a good dent man, BUT rust is a big issue to get sorted so check arches as with an Ibiza, try to get under the skirts to check the sills also. usual issues from your old ibiza as well really.

Good Luck!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.