Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

ZionLiam

Dec 4, 2018
Just finished plasti-dipping my 5dr mystery blue cupra 290, looks much better in my opinion - the black matches the cupra badges and the brake calipers much better than the copper. #deathtocopper (?)

back.jpg
front.jpg

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
I actually kinda like the copper/mystery blue kombo. have not seen it in person yet tho, Im about to order bronze/copper OZ Ultraleggeras to match the emblems lol. If I dont like the emblems in person its an easy fix :)

Reactions: Mystery290

ZionLiam

Dec 4, 2018
I actually kinda like the copper/mystery blue kombo. have not seen it in person yet tho, Im about to order bronze/copper OZ Ultraleggeras to match the emblems lol. If I dont like the emblems in person its an easy fix :)
To be fair the copper and mystery blue is still really nice, it just seemed a bit out of place considering the cupra lettering on the back is in black. I suppose with everything blacked out it makes the car more of a sleeper :think:

Reactions: KernelOkey

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
To be fair the copper and mystery blue is still really nice, it just seemed a bit out of place considering the cupra lettering on the back is in black. I suppose with everything blacked out it makes the car more of a sleeper :think:

Yeah im gonna remove all badges that is just glued on anyway :worship: Blacked out was my first plans and looks really good aswell but im going a different route :)

Golfconvert

Jan 10, 2019
Just finished plasti-dipping my 5dr mystery blue cupra 290, looks much better in my opinion - the black matches the cupra badges and the brake calipers much better than the copper. #deathtocopper (?)

View attachment 4091 View attachment 4092
I’m gona do this to mine too, though I’ve ordered urban silver. How many coats did u spray? Does the matt finish of the plastidip look good or do u think it needs a coat or 2 of the clear coat plastidip on top, either the satinizer or glossifier? From zooming in I think what you have done looks good. Any chance you could post close up pics of the badges? Cheers

ZionLiam

Dec 4, 2018
I’m gona do this to mine too, though I’ve ordered urban silver. How many coats did u spray? Does the matt finish of the plastidip look good or do u think it needs a coat or 2 of the clear coat plastidip on top, either the satinizer or glossifier? From zooming in I think what you have done looks good. Any chance you could post close up pics of the badges? Cheers
I personally done a very very light/low coverage first spray, let it dry for about 10 minutes then proceeded to do 5 more coats of the plasti dip with about 10 minute dry times in between coats. I’ll post pics of the emblems tomorrow morning when it gets light outside. (P.S make sure you completely cover the front grille so you don’t end up with plasti dip on the radiator)

Reactions: Golfconvert

ZionLiam

Dec 4, 2018
I personally done a very very light/low coverage first spray, let it dry for about 10 minutes then proceeded to do 5 more coats of the plasti dip with about 10 minute dry times in between coats. I’ll post pics of the emblems tomorrow morning when it gets light outside. (P.S make sure you completely cover the front grille so you don’t end up with plasti dip on the radiator)
Also I didn’t use any other sealant products, just the plasti dip on its own.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Thats very nice. Is that the Seat splitter? Works well with the side skirts.

Thanks man OEM splitter and side skirts. SEAT have done well, however I think the splitter is meant for the blades, but the blades don’t bring much to the party. Also the splitter is sold as fr only but yet it fits the cupra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CupraNJ

Apr 4, 2017
Bristol
Thanks man OEM splitter and side skirts. SEAT have done well, however I think the splitter is meant for the blades, but the blades don’t bring much to the party. Also the splitter is sold as fr only but yet it fits the cupra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree the blades have very limited visual impact, but I think the angular profile of the side skirts compliment the Seat splitter. Its a pity it only extends forward the lower section of the air dam, rather than extending it lower.

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Not bad weather today so I decided to install a Rieger rear diffuser to my St300. Done it off axle stands and did not have to remove the rear bumper, took about 2half hours to fit on my own. It’s worth taking your time doing this sort of mod. The end product looks the mutts nuts, well chuffed. Looks great with the matching Rieger front splitter. My opinion is Rieger should be a optional extra for Seat,looks so oem.
f5e9669e5a92ee4825a8f767e0e022b0.jpg
5927de675ec8ac015cf21e0abe749346.jpg
3c99a6a3db03fb9bece3f6071c10716c.jpg
9c939c17bf271a0746842a2fc8f82859.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What exhaust it that, it looks fantastic and very OEM/RS4

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
What exhaust it that, it looks fantastic and very OEM/RS4

Cheers....it’s from a German company called Friedrich Motorsports..The tips came chrome but I did not like em, so I sprayed them black. So yeah I’m very happy with the out come especially with the Rieger diffuser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
@Damo7 was visiting the greatest city on earth to see its second best football team ;) So it would of been rude not to meet up and take a few photos of the best looking Cupra ST from Ireland. Sadly @paddy6789's car was too dirty so he didn't come. Either that or his excuse of washing his hair was true ;)

He knows I've never seen myself in a blue car or wasn't a fan of the wheels till I saw his car, then to see it in the flesh the colour really pops, especially when freshly cleaned. Just needs a Reigar Diffuser and those Brembos now eh @Damo7 ;)

IMG_1446_25PC.jpg
IMG_1448_25PC.jpg
IMG_1451_25PC.jpg
IMG_1452_25PC.jpg
IMG_1453_25PC.jpg
IMG_1458_25PC.jpg
IMG_1460_25PC.jpg
IMG_1463_25PC.jpg
IMG_1465_25PC.jpg
IMG_1474_25PC.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise