Post pics of your new Cupra 290 here :)

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Does this one count?

Screenshot_2018-11-19-15-57-47_zpslll4cstf.jpg

Screenshot_2018-11-19-15-59-31_zpsijtcqo4v.jpg

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
That looks sooooo good. Any one got one with the new copper badging?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
That looks sooooo good. Any one got one with the new copper badging?
The post above from Paul1979. The lovely white ST has the Copper badging and the black brake calipers. I'm quite liking the copper accents, I'm wondering if there is the copper accents in the interior.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

KR15

Nov 29, 2018
The post above from Paul1979. The lovely white ST has the Copper badging and the black brake calipers. I'm quite liking the copper accents, I'm wondering if there is the copper accents in the interior.

Do the "Copras" only come with black calipers rather than red?

Does anyone have a list of the MY19 changes?

From what I can work out so far:
Copper badges
Black Cupra lettering on the boot
No flag logo on the boot
Front grill flag logo now black
Black calipers?

Reactions: Mystery290

Aaron Reeve

Dec 4, 2018
Crawley
Do the "Copras" only come with black calipers rather than red?

Does anyone have a list of the MY19 changes?

From what I can work out so far:
Copper badges
Black Cupra lettering on the boot
No flag logo on the boot
Front grill flag logo now black
Black calipers?

Here you go.

Exterior changes
  • Silver SEAT badges switch to copper SEAT badges
  • Black brake calipers replace the previous red ones
  • Copper logo for alloy wheels
  • CUPRA flag becomes black
  • Rear CUPRA lettering becomes black
Interior changes
  • Steering wheel gains copper SEAT logo
  • Interior copper and black detailing
  • Media screen logo becomes copper

Reactions: Mystery290

KR15

Nov 29, 2018
Here you go.
Cheers Aaron.

Shame about the red calipers which would have gone well with the Mystery Blue I've ordered. I guess SEAT didn't think they went with the new copper logos.

Think I'll order a flag badge for the boot and see what it looks like though.

Reactions: Rob66

Aaron Reeve

Dec 4, 2018
Crawley
Cheers Aaron.

Shame about the red calipers which would have gone well with the Mystery Blue I've ordered. I guess SEAT didn't think they went with the new copper logos.

No Problem.

Personally I think Blue/Black works a treat, make sure to send some photos when it's here.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018

Screenshot_2018-12-05-12-35-06_zpspihnwul1.png

Screenshot_2018-12-05-12-34-49_zpslkfgqqbn.png

There is not much Copper on the inside other than the steering wheel. The surrounds are all still chrome.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Cheers Aaron.

For me - the more stealth look of the Black calipers and black grill badge are a good move.
My son is pretty convinced that CUPRA on the rear stands for Can U Please Ride my Ass - cos every little **** in a hatch seems to do it.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
For me - the more stealth look of the Black calipers and black grill badge are a good move.
My son is pretty convinced that CUPRA on the rear stands for Can U Please Ride my Ass - cos every little **** in a hatch seems to do it.
Having become heartily sick of being tailgated by Richard Cranium and his mates in Corsas etc, I tried some reverse psychology with my previous car, a 330D touring and replaced the badge with a 316D one. Didn't make one bit of difference. I think for some, any vehicle in front of them is seen as a challenge, irrespective of what you drive.:banghead:

Reactions: kiddo

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010

Cheers, had totally missed it, more subtle that I had thought in that light!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Having become heartily sick of being tailgated by Richard Cranium and his mates in Corsas etc, I tried some reverse psychology with my previous car, a 330D touring and replaced the badge with a 316D one. Didn't make one bit of difference. I think for some, any vehicle in front of them is seen as a challenge, irrespective of what you drive.:banghead:

Odd - I didn't get half the amount of clowns tailgating my Leon FR that I do with the Cupra

FredCopra

Nov 28, 2018
Hi guys, newbie here. Thanks to BipedalMale for putting up your photo, in early November I ordered my 290 in Magnetic Grey and can't wait for it to get here in late Feb (bought from stock - BW50).

Other than my dad's 09 plate 911, only ever driven up to 200bhp before so looking forward it but have been warned by a mate who drives a Golf R about tailgaters and youngsters 'challenging' you everywhere - from the comments above, sounds like it could be likely...

Reactions: BipedalMale
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.