Potential Boost leak diagnostics?

AshWolf

Aug 6, 2018
My turbo has been whistling louder than normal as of late, read a little into it and everything is pointing to either a boost leak or a dying turbo. Sounds like a potentially expensive fix. What troubleshooting can I do myself to try and narrow down and pinpoint the problem?

Cheers!

Reactions: thecalstanley

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
My turbo has been whistling louder than normal as of late, read a little into it and everything is pointing to either a boost leak or a dying turbo. Sounds like a potentially expensive fix. What troubleshooting can I do myself to try and narrow down and pinpoint the problem?

Cheers!

Check out FRMike’s thread about this, similar problem with his I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FRMike

AshWolf

Aug 6, 2018
Cheers for the feedback guys, I’ll speak with my local garage and see what he can do for me :) it could just all be in my head but I’d rather be safe than sorry; if it is a potential problem with the turbo, what am I looking at for a replacement? Or if it’s busted pipes somewhere, is there a kit available with updated pipes and hoses for the 184? Thanks!

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
Cheers for the feedback guys, I’ll speak with my local garage and see what he can do for me :) it could just all be in my head but I’d rather be safe than sorry; if it is a potential problem with the turbo, what am I looking at for a replacement? Or if it’s busted pipes somewhere, is there a kit available with updated pipes and hoses for the 184? Thanks!

I’m having same problem. Quietens down when warmed up but still noticeable. Seat have diagnosed a failing oil seal so I’m down for a new turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise