Power Bluetooth Mirror Via Car Interior Light

hc97mg2000

Oct 23, 2007
Hi I have just purchased a Bluetooth Rear View Mirror (Handsfree Device). It came with a cigeratte lighter charger But I would like to permanently power this device so I do not havce to charge it all the time.

can I do this via the Car interior light just above the rear view mirror. Any guides or sugestions would be great. Thank you in advance

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Hi I have just purchased a Bluetooth Rear View Mirror (Handsfree Device). It came with a cigeratte lighter charger But I would like to permanently power this device so I do not havce to charge it all the time.

can I do this via the Car interior light just above the rear view mirror. Any guides or sugestions would be great. Thank you in advance

Not easily as there is no switched ignition positive up there. You could tap into the headlight switch, run the lead up your a-pillar, across roof lining to rear view mirror. At the headlight switch you need to tap into the switched +12v and earth.

hc97mg2000

Oct 23, 2007
Thank you very much for your repsonse.

Is it possible To provide a detailed guide. I have fitted a Engine Start switch before but I am no means an expert.

If you could provide a guide that would be excellent.

Thanks in advance and for the response