Power consumption warning

Deleted member 103408

At a guess the car is telling you its going to start to protect the battery by closing down some of the high power usage items (Heated Seats, Heater/air con etc).

Was it when the car was sitting idle or just on ignition tunred on or when the car was being driven.

Reactions: Theporter

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
At a guess the car is telling you its going to start to protect the battery by closing down some of the high power usage items (Heated Seats, Heater/air con etc).

Was it when the car was sitting idle or just on ignition tunred on or when the car was being driven.
I just noticed it when I started it up earlier
Is it because I do a lot of short journeys

Deleted member 103408

As i said dont know but there are a number of systems in place to ensure the battery has enough power to start the car.

If you car has not been out for a long run recently might be worth a run just to charge the battery up.

Theporter

Nov 4, 2018
Dealer reply
It's not so much a warning more advising you.

It's advising that there is a lot of consumables being used such as heated seats or heating or sat nav and in car technology

Reactions: Mystery290

Deleted member 103408

Yes Stop start has voltage limits so that it is not being used when car is using lots of power and or the battery is low.

Do you have a lot of stuff on that would explain the high usage or is it just a low battery.

Deleted member 103408

Do you have access to OBD11 or VCDS to see what the system thinks the voltage is and if there are any error codes being shown.

I understand the point of the message but cant say I have seen many people complaining about this might be worth another chat to see why they think it happens so much when you are not using lots of stuff.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
How old is the battery? If mainly short trips during its life then it might be done at three years or even less.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Think you need the key in, but the ignition off if I remember correctly. Worst that happens if you get the wrong combination, you reset your trip. I have done this a couple of times, lol

Deleted member 103408

I have tried but could never get it to work always use OBD11

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise