Power Folding mirrors on the ibiza sport?

May 19, 2011
Im new here to please dont massacre me for my question or the placing of it, i wont take offence if some kind mod moves it accordingly.

anyway to the question, ive just bought a 5 door white seat ibiza sport that states in the spec it has power folding mirror. in my excitement i forgot to try them or ask how they work. id really appreciate it if some kind soul would give me an incite into this, cant wait for monday

thanks jay

May 19, 2011
Cool thanks for the quick replies guys also how do they open out? Do u need to twist the dial again or do they fold out on unlock? Also again another newbie question but says u can close and open windows when not in car. How do u do this? Just so I can show off hehe

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Welcome by the way :)

To turn them back out, turn the dial 180 degrees back to the bottom.

The windows can be opened by pressing the unlock button on the central locking key, so just hold it and the windows go down till you stop holding it and you can open it at any height you want. And for closing them when out of the car, hold the lock button and they go back up!

Great use for in the summer to leave a small gap.

Trotski

Feb 5, 2011
Darkest Shropshire
Welcome by the way :)

The windows can be opened by pressing the unlock button on the central locking key, so just hold it and the windows go down till you stop holding it and you can open it at any height you want. And for closing them when out of the car, hold the lock button and they go back up!

Great use for in the summer to leave a small gap.

also works with the sunroof, if you've got one [B)]

altinnovation

Feb 7, 2011
I'm not sure if opening the windows with my key impresses the women I'm with, but it sure get's me every time :happy:

May 19, 2011
Picked car up and dont think mine have the fold mirrors as when I twist the knob that moves the glass in the mirrors it doesn't move past l or r

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
You won't have it unless you specced it as its an optional extra to have them fold. Check your paperwork again and if it def says "electric folding mirrors" then go kick off at the dealer.
Check the wording carefully though as they all have electric adjusting mirrors as standard.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 19, 2011
It was on the list on the website looked in manual and it doesn't have the symbol underneath, nevermind

Shelby

Mar 1, 2011
West London
Mine is a 2011 Sport in white, 3 door SC and has the folding mirrors as standard, so maybe have a wordski with the dealer?! ;)

May 19, 2011
well its a used car i didnt buy it brand new to order so not sure much i can do, daft question but is this summin that can be added?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.