Power restricted- Cupra 300

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
Hey guys.

Hopefully this is a feature by design but is the Cupras power restricted at all when the engine temp is under a certain temp? I've noticed a few times now it is noticibly faster when up to temp. It seems to hang back when it's colder.

silles

May 4, 2017
Hey guys.

Hopefully this is a feature by design but is the Cupras power restricted at all when the engine temp is under a certain temp? I've noticed a few times now it is noticibly faster when up to temp. It seems to hang back when it's colder.

I'm not aware of any restrictions, if the user wants to trash a cold engine it's his/her decision

maybe because the oil is cold it has more frictions and hence is slower. donno I never floored my car until the oil is at least 80C

Deleted member 103408

Has the car had a revo map fitted by any chance. Reason I ask is they have actually coded in the protection so you dont get full power till engine is up to temp or if its over hot.

Reactions: ScottyP89

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
I tried a Demo CUPRA R 350 miles on the clock.
It was well warmed up when I tried it. However it was not very lively [throttle a bit dead!!]
Then when acceleration hard ran out of breath and held back before the red line [like a diesel might]
The Salesman went into individual and played with settings and seemed okay then.

However NOWHERE on mine could I find that setting [I was going to use it until run in] all the modes and all the engine settings, and in individual seem the same except MORE noise in Cupra.
Goes errr very well though?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise