Power Steering Gurus??

AlR

Dec 10, 2016
Ooops, Just realised I was talking about the fuse links in a Mk4, sorry. Just recently gone from mk4 to mk5, not had a need to look that close at my mk5 yet.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013

you can play with it and try other codes.

there are also 10 20 ..., that have more weight than 11, 21...

if the code is not valid the steering system will give you an error and not work, but you can change to valid code after and the error will go away.

mine has too much weight even at 11, but I never found out why...

probably something was damaged in the rack when the first pump failed. (I had two failed pumps)

Lucero

Dec 6, 2017
you can play with it and try other codes.

there are also 10 20 ..., that have more weight than 11, 21...

if the code is not valid the steering system will give you an error and not work, but you can change to valid code after and the error will go away.

mine has too much weight even at 11, but I never found out why...

probably something was damaged in the rack when the first pump failed. (I had two failed pumps)

Swapped out the pump and installed the new (second hand) one and I have PS again! Coded up with 10121 and all works fine.

Sadly, the inboard bolt (affixing to the front chassis rail) threaded on the way out, if you can believe that, and the bolt wouldn't go back in. Short on time, and not a lot of space to get tap/die up there, I had to leave the bracket in with the other two bolts. Seems ok, but obviously not something I really want so I'll revisit when I have more time.

Reactions: dm222
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members