Power Steering Issue 1.9tdi PD130 FR

barlowdjb

Mar 20, 2013
Stoke-On-Trent
Morning all

had an issue this morning got in my car fired her up let her warm up went to move off and couldnt move the wheel it was that stiff! turned off and turned car back on twice and then the power steering came back alive, but didnt once get the light to come on the dash to show an issue. Could this have been because the sensor was damp it was a wet morning? any ideas would be appreciated and thoughts. ]]:redface:

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Common fault when its cold. Mine did it today and a few others I know of on facebook. It's caused by the battery as it struggles to start and the steering is electrically driven so the start up drains a lot from the battery. Apparently it goes if put a new battery in!

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
+1

You'll find that more into winter we go, the more often this will occur. Mine will start doing this again soon, did it most mornings last winter and stopped during the summer. I find if you turn it on and it happens, leave it running for about 30 seconds, turn off and restart ensuring the glowplug light goes out.

sammy

yeah my own does this as well when cold switch of then on seems to do the trick!!

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
+1

You'll find that more into winter we go, the more often this will occur. Mine will start doing this again soon, did it most mornings last winter and stopped during the summer. I find if you turn it on and it happens, leave it running for about 30 seconds, turn off and restart ensuring the glowplug light goes out.

I speak to soon! Started doing this yesterday :lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members