Powertrain Data Bus - Implausible message from elec. controller

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Also - does it keep coming back if you clear it, if so - is it straight away, after a while, certain driving conditions, etc ?

Any warning lights on ?

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
I had a kind of similar fault on my Ibiza, it was an "implausible signal" from the a sense wire on the alternator output, and when it happened (always 10 mins after ignition on in my case), it disabled the ABS and ESP.

I think it used this wire to sense engine speed or load (this is where it sounds a bit similar to yours - I guess it's a vital signal for CC to function).

Anyway, the fault - and Techie says he's seen this on a few TDI PD Fabias too - is because the sense wires often break at a connector mounted at the front of the gearbox. Got under the car, and there was one broken wire. Soldered it back (just bypassed the connector as it's only there to aid assembly) and fault cured.

You might want to trace the wires back from your alternator and see if there are any breakages....might not be the fault but you never know.
I've got some wiring diagrams (in Spanish) somewhere if you need them.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Did you check for broken wires at the front of the gearbox ?

Also, might be worth posting in the vag-com section, might get a wider range of experienced vag-commers reading your post ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise