1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Practical Boot Build.

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by Ash_238, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Ash_238

Ash_238 Active Member

Hi there guys, just got myself a 1.2 sx.

The plan is to go down the ICE route instead of engine mods/remapping, due to it being only a 1.2 & i love my music.

Now I'm fully capable of changing the stock speakers & fitting a new headunit.

But I need some idea's for a 12" sub enclosure which is bike friendly & luggage happy.

I did see a guy had built one into his spare wheel enclosure which looked good with a false floor.

I'm deffiantly going to amplifying the front & rear speakers as thats going to maximise the sound, compared to most headunits. So i'm not sure if i'm going to buy a 4 channel amplifier or 2 channel amplifier & a mono amplifier (sub). Its all down to cost i suppose. Either way i don't want to display the amplifer & keep things simple & stylish.

Has anyone got any idea's for MK4 practical boot build & maybe some pictures of their setup, as there just so many long readers ride threads to look through.

hope to hear some great ideas & suggestions.

cheers

Ash

2. antnee

antnee Guest

Built into the wheel well or into the side parts (between the arch and rear lights are the most practical ways.

Or some 6" free air subs in the rear quarters (if its a 3dr), then you have all your boot

3. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

Practical, so where does the spare wheel go then? Be watching this as I do get fed up of my sub at times!

4. Ash_238

Ash_238 Active Member

I'm thinking something along these lines:

geocities.com/aseraj2001/Camry/SubBoxAmp.jpg

Maybe make a false floor with the amplifier hidden away & a hatch that opens to get the spare wheel out.

I've already noticed that there's a gromet which goes through the fire wall behind the glovebox, but would it be easy to squeeze 4AWG Cable under the door side trim? Maybe flat guage cable might work better?

5. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

In my old car we did a false floor and a cut out so the spare wheel could be released, but he spare was under the car! Trust me when you need the spare and you already stressed out you don't wanna mess about with audio in the way so sounds like you have the best idea.
    My mate and I got some perspex fro a couple of quid form local glass shop and mounted the amp underneath it it looked not bad for our first attempt!

6. stebbi

stebbi Got Boost???

7. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

Very nice but i still don't get what these people do when they have a flat call AA/RAC I guess?!

8. stebbi

stebbi Got Boost???

yep thats my plan.
    if i pay for membership i may aswel use it, my spare probs wouldnt fit over my brakes

9. antnee

antnee Guest

You could get a can of tyre weld, like most new cars these days

10. techathy

techathy ^^ my name, my thought >>

Try putting an 8" free-air sub under the dash, you don't need anywhere near the size or power if you have the sub in the cabin & some baffling will get you a decent sound.

11. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

You guys have guts! My wheel hit a pothole and got bent and flat tyre so had to drive on a spare for nearly a week! Rare though but I am paranoid now!

12. R1ch85

R1ch85 1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54

Sportrider has a pretty practical boot build, infact, I'm surprised he's not replied to this thread yet! :lol: He loves to pimp his boot build lol.

Search members for Sportrider, then search his started threads and his readers ride one should be in the list somewhere.

13. Sportrider

;)

Clicky

:p

14. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

that is so genius!!! Well done!

15. hon_n_gem

hon_n_gem Candy White K1

I just removed the spare wheel in my old Beeza, couldnt get enough volume with the wheel turned around.

As for flat tyres..I ran it for 2 years with no problem. Just a few cans of tyre weld in the glovebox!

16. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

yeh true but in my situation tyre weld would not cure a bent alloy at 11pm.

17. Ash_238

Ash_238 Active Member

I'm thinking side mounted sub is far more practical for myself.

Tyre weld really is a joke, i've used it & never bothered since. I'm more than capable of fitting a spare wheel :p

18. CJRamze

CJRamze Proud Seat Owner

I was about to say, Sportrider will post soon I'm sure with a Stink Photography picture ;)
    He has the most practical Ice install and if I was to get a sub then I'd go for his method of mounting the sub under the boot carpet ontop of the spare wheel.

Edit, He's already here :D

19. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

Is it that bad then, tbh most of joe public cannot change a wheel anyway so guess it is better for them but if you damaged the wheel then you'd be stuck with no car until you got it fixed or a new one!

20. stebbi

stebbi Got Boost???

thats where the AA comes in handy :)

#20 stebbi, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009