Practical Boot Build.

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
DSC01193.jpg

The Enclosure is constructed of MDF rings.

DSC01195.jpg

Banana Plugs make removal simple & easy.

DSC01196.jpg

My jack slides down the side of the wheel.

DSC01197.jpg

The Finished Article :)

Ash_238

Aug 25, 2009
Yeah it is pretty awesome :)

I have a protective sheet in my boot which covers it & should protect it from scratches. I could of covered it, but prefered the show me look. :D

Doodle@MAU

Having come from bigger cars with more space to hide stuff (DC5, Audi S4, Civic FD2), the Cupra has been a bit more of a challenge. Still, with some careful placement and a lot of thought, we've managed to shoehorn all my gear from the Civic:

Kenwood DNX8220, TV tuner and rev camera (ok, the camera is overkill but already had it from the FD2, so why not?)
Rainbow SLC 3-way components, plus an extra pair of 17cm midbass in the front doors
False floor in the boot covering a pair of Audison LRX amps (4.5 and 1.1k)
Hertx HX250D in a removable box - takes up a bit of boot space but I don't often carry that much luggage, so for the rare times I do it's easier just to lift the box out completely.

I'll get some pics up once it's all finished, I'm still waiting on the last couple of bits for the door builds which should be in by the end of the week.

Doodle@MAU

Hadn't bothered to take any yet, was going to do pics when complete (end of this week I hope)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members