1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Pre-facelift to facelift bumpers

Discussion in 'Mk2 Ibiza/Cordoba FAQ's (6K) 1993-1999' started by Vedad1944, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Vedad1944

Vedad1944 Active Member

Hi everyone, my ('95)Ibiza currently has pre-facelift bumpers on, and they are in horrible condition, so I've got two options, replace them with another set of pre-facelifts, or grab a pair of facelifted ones.

I personally like the look of the facelift bumpers, and am searching high and low for them, and I found some for sale but they are from Cordobas ('97-'98).

So, can I replace pre-facelift Ibiza bumpers with facelift Cordoba bumpers (will it bolt straight on?), I want to avoid drilling if possible! :D

Thank you!

PS: I swear I searched for like an hour on the forums here, and on google, people only mention caddy/inca compatability.

2. bete noir

bete noir Green Meanie

The Ibiza (and Cordoba) pre- and post-facelift front wings are different, so I think you have to swap the wings too if you want to swap the bumpers. That was what we did on my son's old Ibiza. I do not know if there are similar issues at the back end, or if an Ibiza rear bumper will go on a Cordoba (or vice-versa).

3. Vedad1944

Vedad1944 Active Member

I have been searching high and low, found a Cordoba, but by the time i got there they sold them!
    I didn't know these cars were that popular :D

So I went for a Polo 6n, the rear bumper would fit and look awesome (with a minor chop on the inner side), but the front end would need the wings too :/
    Found a good condition front one from a pre-facelift Ibiza, but still looks lame. Now I'm wondering what other VW related front bumper would fit.
    I remember measuring from the tip of the wing to the inner wheel arch and it was 400mm, on a Polo it is 340mm.
    So I might need a bigger one, a MK3 golf maybe? (I doubt it would fit, but it would probably look awesome!)

Thanks for the input bete!