Preparing to place order - Ireland

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Hi , I'm preparing to place an order for Leon Fr (my father in law got himself Ibiza fr just a month ago). I want to get 1.4 as this is the only petrol version available in Ireland and in fairness I test drove it and I liked it much more than the 2.0 diesel. I want to add few extras : reverse camera, full link, premium sound system, led interior pack...I think that's it. I don't need navi as with full link I can use either Android car or Mirror Link...I know that the MFD is black&white and it only comes colour with the navi and I don't fancy paying 800 Euro for just that. I was thinking about winter pack but to be fair in Ireland winters are not that harsh...and I've seen on YouTube that you can install heated seats under your original trim for around 60 Euro...I'm just wondering if I would do something like this (youtub/REG3_MZX7Mk) would it void my warranty if I would plug it to somewhere in the cars electric wires?
I wonder are there many Leon Irish fans here...
I also have vcds cable which I was using with my Skoda and I've seen that there's also few things that u can turn on urself...and it also keeps me wondering would that be recognised by the garage when I would bring back the car for servicing ?
Thanks a million for all the input :)

Sent from my HTC M8 using Tapatalk

Gar300

May 20, 2013
Dublin Ireland
Hi ladasik,

I Orderd my FR (150) a couple of weeks back with a Due date of first week of AUG.

I went PCP and got the Alcantara interior and Full link, it was about all i could afford:(

Sorry i cant be of much help on the VCDS front as i am fairly new to all of it even though its my 3rd Leon.

But i would guess that as long as its noting too out of the ordinary they wouldn't spot it as they are only checking for error codes when its back in.

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Ive ordered mine just 2 days ago. I went for the petrol engine as after test driving all 3 available ones I liked that one the most :) I've ordered FR with mirror link, sound system, reversing camera , led interior pack (I know it comes with alcantara but I didn't wanted it) and techny grey interior. I went PCP and I'm going to be paying virtually the same money that I am currently paying on HP for my 5 year old car but I will be driving new one...just don't know when it will be ready as I was told 8 to 12 weeks .

Good luck with yours :)

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
Hi , I'm preparing to place an order for Leon Fr (my father in law got himself Ibiza fr just a month ago). I want to get 1.4 as this is the only petrol version available in Ireland and in fairness I test drove it and I liked it much more than the 2.0 diesel. I want to add few extras : reverse camera, full link, premium sound system, led interior pack...I think that's it. I don't need navi as with full link I can use either Android car or Mirror Link...I know that the MFD is black&white and it only comes colour with the navi and I don't fancy paying 800 Euro for just that. I was thinking about winter pack but to be fair in Ireland winters are not that harsh...and I've seen on YouTube that you can install heated seats under your original trim for around 60 Euro...I'm just wondering if I would do something like this (youtub/REG3_MZX7Mk) would it void my warranty if I would plug it to somewhere in the cars electric wires?
I wonder are there many Leon Irish fans here...
I also have vcds cable which I was using with my Skoda and I've seen that there's also few things that u can turn on urself...and it also keeps me wondering would that be recognised by the garage when I would bring back the car for servicing ?
Thanks a million for all the input :)

Petrol car market in irl sucks, diesels everywhere. I was lucky to catch 1.8tsi at the launch of ST version. After cupra arrived they resigned from 1.8tsi. Unreal. I regret that i ordered satnav as the way they update maps its way too expensive. And also skip the lane assist + auto full beam. Its useless in irl. I should get roof window instead...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
How did u find out that it is available in Barcelona ? Was dealer able to check that for you or what is the story ?

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I got a Leon FR 1.4 TSI 125 at the start of the year. Went with white and got the full link included as part of a deal at the time. No other extras but I do wish I had got the reversing camera. I was limited for extras choice as I got a deal by getting it as a "showroom demo" but it was never driven by anyone other than me. Love the car but I do long for that Cupra power. Decided to be sensible and wait a few years before i get the Cupra as the insurance would have killed me at 23 with very little no claims bonus.

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
It's no brainer with 0% finance...it's third car through finbarr galvins for my family. My father-in-law picked up his Ibiza Fr a month ago..and at that stage this was the last car they had on offer with scrappage..if I would know that they are going to do it again with 162 my wife wouldn't be driving Yaris but an Ibiza. I don't know yet how long will I be waiting for my car but I already have plans for it :) I'm going to plastidip the wheels red and it's going to be a local Cork version :) White&Red :) and my wife has red car so again nice touch on the driveway :)

Last edited:

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Plastidip is a great product and it protects your wheels and if you want to change the colour you can just peel it off like a rubber film...effectively it is liquid rubber and what guys are doing with it is pure magic...especially if you would like to have matt finish instead of glossy :)

Gar300

May 20, 2013
Dublin Ireland
No,has to be tracked via the dealer already tried that.

Did do some digging and found out that there is a ship due in on the 8th of this month in dublin but i have a scheduled arrival port of destiation for the 22nd so still trying to work it out.

Its like waiting for christmas!!

Gar300

May 20, 2013
Dublin Ireland
We seem to on the same page Baron.

I have the wind deflectors sitting here beside me

Have the same bulbs in my current one.

Have the rubber key cover.

Have to order the chrome key base.

There are a few other bits id like to get but u think ill wait and get the car first!!

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Apparently those pedal covers from aliexpress are of very good quality...I just couldn't find the correct footrest.
Its funny how grown man are excited and ordering gadgets for their new toys so my list which is not yet final involves :
1. new dash cam (mivue 538 found on eBay for 69£)
2. Silicon covers for keys (one white one red)
3. Nice valve caps with seat logo
4. Stainless Steel door lock covers
5. Ring that goes around the ignition to cover against scratches and it is also glowing in the dark
6. Vcds cable - just to play around with the settings and activate those things that can be activated
7. Still looking for pedal covers
8. Plasti dip for the wheels

It really looks like I'm going through a midlife crisis and going through a boy racer phase :)

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Just wondering about mudflaps...have it on my current car...do those from golf7 or Audi a3 are virtually the same ones ? Just wondering how to look for them in "Internets" :)

dereks01

May 28, 2016
Cork, Ireland
Mine was sitting at the dock for two weeks before i bought it. It was one of the extra ones they put in to fill a container, thus the Titanium pack and maybe some other goddies

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
I have just noticed that in car builder on the seat.ie website there's a whole lot of new accessories available...sport pedals, new alloys, different colour rims (orange for example), SPORT EXHAUST for 400 Euro...back spoiler for 258...when asked my dealer said it will be 500 for the spoiler...nice margin they have allright...I'm gutted as my car was literally just ordered :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.