Pressed metal plates! - UK Legal?

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
I got mine about 2wks ago,unbanded n plain surrounds,love 'em:D Although i have got 6 sets of German surrounds coming in the next couple of weeks so can chop n change as i choose,yeah greedy but not what you know plus i gotta give some to my buddies!!

Also,have to say Dubmeister gave a wicked service,less than 48hr turnaround...sent my docs around 4pm on the Weds so prob last post(special delivery) Simon called on Thurs morning and they were back to me by the time i walked in at 3.30 on Friday..well impressed:D

Last edited:

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
Right ive been down to Dubmeister and got me plates. Only took 10 minutes for paul to make them, i expected longer tbh lol. The finished product looks awesome so cant wait to fit them now.

Heres some pics for you guys:

Normal Pic:
03062008254.jpg

Pic With Flash So You can See There Reflective:
03062008255.jpg

And A Pic Of The BS Stamp:
03062008257.jpg

very nice

i'm on this forum, but not a seat owner do i still get the discount?

also can they make them there and then if i turn up on saturday:
Tel 01275 851069/866069 10am-6pm M-F 10am-2pm Sat
Fax 01275 866458

Dubmeister
Unit 1 Blackfriars Industrial Estate
Blackfriars Road
Nailsea
Bristol
BS48 4DJ

are there many options to the bottom middle footer note thing?

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Can't see why they wouldn't,you're still a member n not like you're even a newbie:) I still would've done mine even without the fiver off but as Tesco say "every little helps"!! I was dubious about sending in documents despite special delivery etc but had no worries at all,superb service from Dubmeister

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
cool
might give them a call tomorrow if i get time to go to theirs and check if i can get the discount.
saving could go on fuel. don't fancy sending off docs etc.
what do i need the v5?

would the metal ones stick and bend around curve of front bumper, without surround?

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
cool
might give them a call tomorrow if i get time to go to theirs and check if i can get the discount.
what do i need the v5?

would the metal ones stick and bend around curve of front bumper, without surround?

Well i live in London so the fuel saving was a non starter really,haha!
I sent in my v5 and my passport,poor guys:redface: as i had my paper licence nicked last year and keep forgetting to replace it. No doubt they'll tell you when you call what docs they need n can have a good laugh at!!

I got the surrounds as was after a set anyway just to finish them off really but a case of personal taste,think Loops had hers in a surround but on a curved bumper,see earlier post by her;) I was lucky,no hassle whatsoever,unscrewed old plates,mounted the surrounds using same screws, slotted in plates,clipped on surround front n bobs ur uncle,very nice!! well i think so..

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
i can't decide on german style surrounds or plain.

plain sticks out a bit on design i feel at times, and the german style may have too much on it for my liking.

hence wanted the clean look no surround.

also not having surrounds means less spending
;-)

andycupra

status subject to change
cool
what do i need the v5?

If you quote the SCN discount code on this thread. Then you WILL get the discount, its like the AA, your the member, not the car :)

and personally i like then without the surrounds. Get them without you can add them later.

lifted frompost #25:
Paul has offered:

A discount of £5.00 a set - That’s £31.90 delivered.
If they want to call in 10am-6pm Mon-Thur.10am-5pm Fri, or 10am-1pm Sat the shipping won’t apply, and price collected is £25.00.
(This is as the Nailsea Bristol address only, quote 'SCN500A' in order to get the discount ).

To be clear, we must stick to the law and supply original docs. Im sure you can understand this and only legal character spacing for these plates.

Show plates can also have a £5.00 discount on. GB, E band etc.

Fax 01275 866458

Kind Regards
Paul

Fax 01275 866458

Dubmeister
Unit 1 Blackfriars Industrial Estate
Blackfriars Road
Nailsea
Bristol
BS48 4DJ

Last edited:

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
also can they make them there and then if i turn up on saturday:

are there many options to the bottom middle footer note thing?

They can make them on the spot if you turn up with documents - you'll need the V5 and some ID so a driving licence or passport.

They only put Dubmeister in the centre of the bottom - they are following the British Standard in order to make them fully legal, and the only thing that can go there is the name of the company that provided the plates.

I got the surrounds as was after a set anyway just to finish them off really but a case of personal taste,think Loops had hers in a surround but on a curved bumper,see earlier post by her;) I was lucky,no hassle whatsoever,unscrewed old plates,mounted the surrounds using same screws, slotted in plates,clipped on surround front n bobs ur uncle,very nice!! well i think so..

They will bend a little bit for a curved bumper, but the border makes them quite ridgid so they won't bend to fit a very curved bumper.

i can't decide on german style surrounds or plain.

plain sticks out a bit on design i feel at times, and the german style may have too much on it for my liking.

hence wanted the clean look no surround.

also not having surrounds means less spending
;-)

I have plain ones, they work well at holding the plate and don't look too busy :)

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
thanks all

qill note down their number and discount code etc. if i get time tomorrow will head down their. but need to go to protyre tomorrow morning and sort out wheel and alignment first etc. so will see on time, as been told they are busy down there

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
rang them at just after 12 as was busy this morning. but they close at 1pm, and would have taken me 40-50 mins to get there, so too much in a rush.

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
looks nice, have you got a surround with that?

well, as i had a bit of my own time saturday morning, gave Dubmeister a ring (or a few calls), but no answer, thinking they were busy about 11ish. As when I last rang, they said open saturday until 1pm.

couldn't get through and took the plunge to drive from north bristol (round trip 30+miles) and found out they were closed! well i shouldn't have bothered going when no phone call, but wish they left a voice mail saying they were closed. (but i give them benefit of the doubt for unforseen circumstances), however on that note still annoyed and don't think i will bother getting these plates now (or if i do not for a while as don't have time and don't want to send own documents through post and each round journey would almost cost me most of the plates)

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i phoned them up and they said apparently they are not doing this discount ????

how do i order them online so i can get the discount ?

andycupra

status subject to change
i phoned them up and they said apparently they are not doing this discount ????

who did you phone? dubmeister themselves? the discount only applied to dubmeister not 'other dealers'.

how do i order them online so i can get the discount ?
I have to say i have tried to order some a couple of times, each time being fobbed off and just told to buy them 'online'.
Which unless im missing something obvious isnt possible.

I then thought ok ill send a letter with my docs. but hold on, then they or i would have to call one another to arange payment..
So ive given up.

Post#25 gives details of the discount code, which was/is: SCN500A

Last edited:

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
who did you phone? dubmeister themselves? the discount only applied to dubmeister not 'other dealers'.

I have to say i have tried to order some a couple of times, each time being fobbed off and just told to buy them 'online'.
Which unless im missing something obvious isnt possible.

I then thought ok ill send a letter with my docs. but hold on, then they or i would have to call one another to arange payment..
So ive given up.

Post#25 gives details of the discount code, which was/is: SCN500A

yea, found the code a min ago, but its not obious on how to buy them online. i may not bother if its that much hassle. its fine if you live close but the attitude on the phone was not the greatest.

andycupra

status subject to change
yea, found the code a min ago, but its not obious on how to buy them online. i may not bother if its that much hassle. its fine if you live close but the attitude on the phone was not the greatest.

You cannot buy them online.
It says pop into a local dealer with documents.
or send in an order - but then they provide you with no link, documents or anything to order them.
As ive said above i contemplated writting a letter to order, but then figured how do i pay..
Frustrating and dissapointing. Seems you have suffered the same treatment as i on the phone. :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.