Pressure loss through Dump Valve

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
hi guys, i fitted an induction kit this week and have been able to hear a few thing now.

firstly i have been having a vag.com issue with the dump valve which is making the car not start and when it does, the revs ride all over the place and wont let me touch the gas.

secondly when i am driving normaly and accelerating at a sensible rate i can hear pressure come straight out of the DV, but when i give it hard gas i can hear the pressure loss stop and then it builds up pressure and the turbo spools up.

both times it has done this i have been low on fuel and the light has come on.

would this problem be the DV or could it be something els.

thanks David

Last edited:

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
the air filter was quite dirty so buy an induction kit was the sesible thing todo.

i have a new dv coming the day after tomorrow forge recirculating type.

i am not sure if it is linked but the car wont run correct all the time the secondry pump thing is running.

thanks

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Hmm, don't know how that's related to boost pressure etc. but on another thought, could you have some gunk at the bottom of your tank that's causing the problem?

Can you flush it out - or use some kind of additive to clear it - then replace the fuel filter - and from then on use only V-Power which is a much better fuel for the engine?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Its surposed to idle higher when the SAI pump is running, I always let mine cut out before I start driving as I like to let it heat up a little.

Maybe your sucking in crap from the bottom of fuel tank if it only runs lumpy when your low on fuel?

Edit...beaten to it! :)

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
ah saying that i have had a couple of time vag.com saying "coolant temp to hight - intermitant" and the secondry pump has kicked in a couple of times when the engine is hot.

but would this cause the the revs to race then drop off then race and so on and when i touch the gas it stalls the engine.

thanks david

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
The SAI sometimes kicks in when the engine is hot to, not sure why I asked a VW mechanic who said it was normal.

Its usually when going slow pulling up to junctions etc.

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
if i didnt know any better i would say that a large pipe/hose had come off, i had this a few time on my impreza and it turned out to be a split pipe between the maf and the turbo, but i have been over all the pipes and they seem to be fine.

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
quck update, the car has 1/2 tanks of fuel and it has just done it again to me, so i can roule out dirty fuel.

are there any other kn ow faults that would not show up on vag.com but could still affect the engine.

thanks

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
i havnt checked it tonight, but something els i have noticed tonight is that the DV is Dumping on its own, when i am driving along with my foot steady on the gas it will drop all pressure and i can hear th dv dumping the pressure.

i am getting a new forge dv delivered tomorrow so i will see if this helps.

thanks David

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
i would change the fuel filter and coolant thermosat. then see if it fixes it... if not im thinking dv is by passing,or there is a boost hose leaking and its just coincidence it happens when running low on fuel?

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
ok, i fitted new dv today and the idle problem seems to of gone, but every time i go for a drive, turn the engine off, and try to restart it, it wont, when it eventualy does start it cuts out and dies when i put my foot on the gas and runs ver lumpy.

ive plugged it into vag.com and im getting the following ..........

Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 DE

Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0001

Software Coding: 11510

Work Shop Code: WSC 06441

1 Fault Found:

16502 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Signal too High

P0118 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

would this be the temp sensor or somthing else.

thanks david

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.