Pressure washers

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Hi all. Just wondering what pressure washers people are using. I've had a low spec Nilfisk for six years which has had a fair bit of use, got a Nilfisk snow foam attachment and a cheap snow foam attachment which has now broke and needs me to repair it. Those attachments are the new style Nilfisk so if I bought Nilfisk again they would fit. Anyway it began to play up a bit and gave up the ghost mid wash last Sunday in a puff of smoke, so for the £53 or whatever it cost me it's served me well, but I'm the market for a new one.

I've looked around and the equivalent basic Nilfisk is around £59 and the same sort of spec Karcher (plus a detergent bottle and pipe which fits into the back) is around £89. I don't want to spend a load and barring a snow foam attachment I'm not fussed on accessories, but what is everyone else using and what can they recommend? For a basic car washing pressure washer, occasional washing of mountain bikes/kids bikes and a quick rinse of the patio is there any point in me spending more money on one?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I use the cheapo nilfisk. Can't remember the model but it's the cheapest one. I bought the nilfisk auto nozzle separately. Annoying they don't include it. But also use the autobrite snowfoam attachment which works really well.

Reactions: perryqhill

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I got the Karcher K2 home and car for about £60 on Amazon about a year ago on the Black Friday deals. Can't fault it. Bought the snow foam attachment for about £15 a few months ago too. Works a treat :)

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Reactions: perryqhill

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
I use the cheapo nilfisk. Can't remember the model but it's the cheapest one. I bought the nilfisk auto nozzle separately. Annoying they don't include it. But also use the autobrite snowfoam attachment which works really well.

I bought the cheapest years ago, different model from the cheapest one now but probably similar power etc. Didn't realise it now only comes with the fan nozzle (just checked after you mentioned it), but then I guess I already have the fan and auto nozzle and probably a spare lance/gun if that all fits too as well as the snow foam attachments.

I should have bought the autobrite snow foam one. already had the nilfisk one with no adjustment and then bought one off eBay similar to the autobright one, but cheaper and no foam comes out of it now so I need to have a look at it.

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm finding the autobrite one really good. Although the spring was a bit stiff at first and I didn't get it on right and launched it over next doors garden. But it's softened a bit now.

2UUT5Id.jpg

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
I'm finding the autobrite one really good. Although the spring was a bit stiff at first and I didn't get it on right and launched it over next doors garden. But it's softened a bit now.

2UUT5Id.jpg
Is that snow foam or snowcrete cement ?

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I can confirm that Avalanche by Auto Finesse is no where as thick as that, even with the attachment set to full shaving foam mode lol

My friend uses the Autobrite snow foam (Magifoam or something) and he loves it. When the package says leave it to do it's stuff for up to 10 minutes and it's all on the floor after 2 it's no good lol

Unless my ratios are wrong or my snow foam thing is just naff who knows...

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster

2UUT5Id.jpg

I might have to get one then. I've still got the crap Nilfisk one, but my attempts at fixing the one I bought off eBay has just gone a bit wrong when I'd disassembled it ok, but when putting back together I overtightened the brass screw that the feed tube fits onto and the thread snapped inside the body :D

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
I can confirm that Avalanche by Auto Finesse is no where as thick as that, even with the attachment set to full shaving foam mode lol

My friend uses the Autobrite snow foam (Magifoam or something) and he loves it. When the package says leave it to do it's stuff for up to 10 minutes and it's all on the floor after 2 it's no good lol

Unless my ratios are wrong or my snow foam thing is just naff who knows...

I used the magifoam on both the cheap Nilfisk one I have that has no adjustment and the cheap lance I bought off eBay. It was much better on the cheap eBay lance but pretty pointless on the Nilfisk one. Guess both my ratios and the lack of a decent lance caused my problems.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Have you checked the filter? Unscrew the hose pipe connector and there should be a filter that pulls out.

Checked out the filter and it had a little dirt in it but not enough to reduce the pressure flow though. Thanks for the heads up.

I’ll look for a video or drawing on stripping the pressure washer down and see what that brings.

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Checked out the filter and it had a little dirt in it but not enough to reduce the pressure flow though. Thanks for the heads up.

I’ll look for a video or drawing on stripping the pressure washer down and see what that brings.
Why do you need a pressure washer?
It rains every day in Cumbria :lol:

Reactions: Bloopeta

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Ended up getting a Karcher K2 refurbed from the Karcher outlet on eBay for £44.45 delivered. Comes with a 6 month warranty so at that price I thought I'd try that. Just been delivered today so not tried it yet, but the seller has changed the price to £69.91. Was just going to stick with a basic nilfisk given the last one was fine for me, plus I've got the extra nozzles but thought I'd give the Karcher a go at that price.

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
Hi all. Just wondering what pressure washers people are using. I've had a low spec Nilfisk for six years which has had a fair bit of use, got a Nilfisk snow foam attachment and a cheap snow foam attachment which has now broke and needs me to repair it. Those attachments are the new style Nilfisk so if I bought Nilfisk again they would fit. Anyway it began to play up a bit and gave up the ghost mid wash last Sunday in a puff of smoke, so for the £53 or whatever it cost me it's served me well, but I'm the market for a new one.

I've looked around and the equivalent basic Nilfisk is around £59 and the same sort of spec Karcher (plus a detergent bottle and pipe which fits into the back) is around £89. I don't want to spend a load and barring a snow foam attachment I'm not fussed on accessories, but what is everyone else using and what can they recommend? For a basic car washing pressure washer, occasional washing of mountain bikes/kids bikes and a quick rinse of the patio is there any point in me spending more money on one?

My personal experience is that the cheap ones only last a short time, ive had i think 3 nilfisks's great when they work...I bit the bullet about 5 years ago and bought a Kranzle K7 - worth every penny and last longer than the cheap ones, I had an issue recently and I had it it repaired quite cheaply where as the nilfisks just got binned and not worth repairing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.