Pretty much disable EGR using VAG com - Ibiza cupra PD engine - Now getting 60mpg

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I know in my case with the EGR removed adjusting vag com wont affect the mg/hr but im more interested in what, if any, adjustments the ecu does as it knows air flow will increase due to the EGR slowing.

Might have to check it with my eye on block 015 to see what the L/Hr is.

Mr2turbo

Mar 14, 2012
Where can i get the egr mod done? I live in worcestershire! I also work for Seat dealership in a bodyshop but spoke to a tech in the garage today and he said they cant do it!

hoggy a

Mar 24, 2005
did my sons fr diesel,took egr off and cleaned it,put smaller gasket in at £3 from tps and changed settings with vag com,now 60mpg round town and alot smoother to drive

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
Was it fairly easy to fit gasket? Thats exactly what i plan to do, but may do vagcom changes first as easier and free.

hoggy a

Mar 24, 2005
Yes mate really simple to do,hardest bit really was cleaning the egr valve itself,gasket just replaces the old one,the only diff is the new one has a smaller hole in the middle reducing the gases.from start to finnish took about an hour to do

just had another go at this at the highest number it will save is 33638 which is higher than it was so im happy with that rather than 33768 which will not save.

also i went into channel 02 just to see what was in there and found that if you adjust the number up by the up button rather than putting in your own number this will raise the tick over although i put it back to the standard number after you could hear the tickover was a little higher and see it by the vagcom reading on the screen,thought id let you all know as this this could be handy for those who have fitted uprated engine mounts and wish for a higher tickover.
i dont know if this is the correct way of doing it but it worked. i can only assume you can also lower the tickover here aswell i couldnt be bothered to try though.

gregdaisley

Can anyone give me some much needed advice...

I'm out at the car just not attempting this on my 1.9TDI 105bhp Leon Mk2, it has a Revo remap so it can be rather smokey at times and apparently this will reduce the plume?!

The problem I have is when I open up my VCDS 10.6.0 and enter the engine module, the Login - 11 tab changes after a few seconds to Coding ll - 11. I have clicked this and tried to enter the 12233 code but it will not accept it?

What do I do next?

Many thanks, Greg.

cleverspoon

Sep 17, 2011
Not to sure if it works on the newer leons, i did it to my 2004 fr and saved the numbers above.

Matt_CupraTDI

Has anybody had a problem ewith a login? :confused: it keeps telling me that the signal is dropped :cry: anybody have a idea's or solutions?

Raziel

Oct 24, 2011
Been trying to change the EGR settings to 33638. It works fine but when I try to save, gives me the warning message about having to register VDSC lite !!

When I restart the car the parameters go back to original.

Has anyone been able to avoid this problem?

Thanks for any help.

bald_eagle

yeah its blue but i like
Mar 25, 2007
Been trying to change the EGR settings to 33638. It works fine but when I try to save, gives me the warning message about having to register VDSC lite !!

When I restart the car the parameters go back to original.

Has anyone been able to avoid this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Its not a problem that's just how it is,the free lite version is just for reading codes and clearing them.
Too alter things you need the full paid for version or borrow someone's.

ems123

I'm in Worksop, Nottinghamshire through the week and in Sunderland, Tyne & Wear on weekends. I'll be happy to do this for anyone.

I've just done my PD130 (BLT) and noticed it does seem to help spool-up time for the turbo

HI could you do this for me am in rotherham?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.