previous owner coming back

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
hi all and glad to be back!!!
I used to own a 17 plate leon fr184.
since then I have had a 308gt hdi180 and now currently own a focus mk3.5 st250.
I have decided to purchase another leon fr with the 2.0 tsi 190 engine but this time the dsg gearbox as the other half has recently passed her test and can only drive auto cars.
I didn't think I would miss the leon so much but I have!!!
the 308 was a nice motor but dpf issues made me get rid.
my current st is nice but it just feels like im driving a boy racer car all the time and every other driver wants to race you,also averaging 22mpg is not good at all and it is really taking a toll on my wallet.
bought it 2nd hand and the car just feels like it was thrashed by previous owner and I am getting all sorts of rattles.
to be honest im a little disappointed with it as a whole as I am a fan of fords owning quite a few in the past.
needed to be 4wd because trying to get power down is non existent and torque steer was scary at times.
don't get me wrong it was quick but felt really heavy.
loved the 184 tdi engine but just don't do the miles and they don't even offer any tdi engine now on the website configurator making me think that I think the tdi engine is coming to the end now and that goes for all manufactures.(such a shame because it was a cracker)
I was originally going to go for the 1.5 tsi engine but noticed that actually there is a difference in torque output now with the 2.0tsi(320nm).
if I remember rightly the older 1.4 and 1.8 had the same torque figures.
im also looking forward to the dsg gearbox which has been given some good reviews by owners.
the only thing im unsure of is colour???? really like the orange colour but don't know if im brave enough so im leaning more towards the Nevada white.
im only having the standard 17inch alloys this time as I plan to buy some black aftermarket wheels.
has anyone got any pics of the I believe eclipse orange colour and if anyone currently owns the 2.0 tsi engine I would like to hear their thoughts on it as It is fairly new unit and cant find any reviews,only on the ateca.
thanks for reading my essay and its good to be back!!!!!

Reactions: Syphon

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Welcome back, the only Ford I would think of buying is the Focus RS, but having no DSG is stopping me as it is just so much better than manual and I don't want to go back again.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.