Private Plates Question

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
DVLA auction next week and bidding on three plates ranging from £4k to just under £8k (absentee max bid and post hammer price - app 130%).

Sold one very recently (+50% profit) and part reinvesting.

edlewis85

I have bought 3 from the DVLA website, found it the cheapest everytime and easy to use. They turn stuff round pretty quick too

Jun 20, 2010
Norfolk
Im hoping to get mine next month from dvla too, which included vat and £80 fee ,question though..

If i want to transfer it to another car say after a year, i pay £105 for a retaining form or something to keep it but use it on another car?..

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Well I failed at the auctions this month and came away with nothing, still there's September's auction to come. All the plates went for Mickey Mouse money (+25% over the bottom end of the range).

If you're getting it from the DVLA then all you'll need to pay is the £25 to assign the number to your vehicle of choice (it will come through in the post on certificate if you buy from the DVLA). After you've finished with the plate onthat vehicle then it is £80 to put in on retention (that'll last up to a year until you decide on what you want to do with it, then the £25 to pay to assign). If you've already got the other vehicle there is a form for a direct transfer from one to the other - I think it is just £80 but not sure.

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Anyone remember the member on here who paid £4k for D333NNO (or something like that) a couple of years ago and used finance for it too :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise