Problem s.a.i

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
Got a problem with my s.a.i Plugged in vagcom and it says incorrect flow detected. How do i cure this.I have disconnected the air pipe that goes onto the original airbox as i have changed the airfilter, would this be the cause? Is it common the pump goes?
Doesnt seem to affect the run of my car, but is annoying as it pops up EML light, every few days after ressetting it?

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
many people including me get this all the time even if you resistor it the only way that your realy gunna get this to stop is to have the SAI maped out

Stoker20VT

Feb 8, 2010
Durham
remove it like i did, so i could change the oil filter easily.

or buy my pump, mines never threw a code up in the 6month i've had it. (before removal 2weeks ago)

andy1010

Jul 3, 2010
Chester
is this the pump thats underneath near the oil filter? what do they and would everything be ok if i took i off becuase the garage i got my car off left mine unplugged and the EML is on it has been plugged back in and and the light taken off but now the light has come on again if it comes up with that pump again im thinking about taking it off

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
I dont know whats going on with mine, whether its connected or what, think it is but is coming up with incorrect flow detected on vagcom

andy1010

Jul 3, 2010
Chester
mine is getting plugged back in tomorrow to see what it is

people with vagcom sofware and leads where did you get them from and how much were they i have seen on ebay like a computer thing for £20 they any good

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
Havent got one mate, my mate has though. think it was around £70 for lead and software

andy1010

Jul 3, 2010
Chester
yeah ive seen that one on ebay i dont know if its worth getting this small computer thing off ebay or just getting a lead and useing a laptop

i tryed posting the link but not aloud because i havent made 15 posts yet

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members