1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Problem s.a.i

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by TJP, Jul 16, 2010.

1. dave_6

dave_6 Active Member

you can clear the code with the free version of vagcom, but it'll come back a week later!
    in the faq section some people have had results by removing the SAI and fitting resistors

I have vagcam and got a cable off ebay for about £6 from a seller called alphabid

2. andy1010

andy1010 Active Member

so if i removed this pump once i cleared the eml would that stay off or would it come back on?

also where would i get the vagcom software from?

3. dave_6

dave_6 Active Member

check out the mk3 faq section in regards to removing the SAI, theres a big thread on removing it and probably various ones if you searched for SAI. Hit and miss whether it comes back or not by the looks of things, I get an EML , some apparently don't.

vagcom is available from rosstech website, search for rosstech or vagcom and you'll come accross the right links, cable wise people seem to go for various ones but mine works perfectly with my laptop and my ibiza, the seller alphabid was recommended from another thread on here I believe